All-Star Resorts discounts???

dopey

hey, all. anybody know of any discounts at the all-star resorts? i've got a disney club card, which gets me 10% off the rack rate of $99 a night. but i know some people were getting rates as low as $49 a night. i appreciate any information on this.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by dopey
hey, all. anybody know of any discounts at the all-star resorts? i've got a disney club card, which gets me 10% off the rack rate of $99 a night. but i know some people were getting rates as low as $49 a night. i appreciate any information on this.

Hey Stranger! Go to WWW. Mousesavers.com that should help you out.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dopey

Original Poster
hey, jay. thanks. i did that already. there's a lot of obsolete info there.

i tried a couple codes mentioned there, but one required a pin# that i didn't have and the other was good only if you made reservations before 9/30.

i saw where some people were getting $59 a night; maybe i just need to call back. i can live with $59 a night.

i like all these new smilies, btw. i guess the opposite of :sohappy: would be :zipit: ?

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

hey, jay. thanks. i did that already. there's a lot of obsolete info there.

i tried a couple codes mentioned there, but one required a pin# that i didn't have and the other was good only if you made reservations before 9/30.

i saw where some people were getting $59 a night; maybe i just need to call back. i can live with $59 a night.

i like all these new smilies, btw. i guess the opposite of :sohappy: would be :zipit: ?

I know some people are getting all star sports and Movies for 49 a night

Upvote 0

dopey

Original Poster
that's what kills me, knowing there are rates that low out there somewhere but not knowing where to get them.

if you happen to come across anything in the next couple days, let me know. thanks, j.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

that's what kills me, knowing there are rates that low out there somewhere but not knowing where to get them.

if you happen to come across anything in the next couple days, let me know. thanks, j.

Hve you tried emailing the person that runs the mousesavers website. Maybe she could help you.:confused:

Upvote 0
Hey Dopey, we got the $49.00 a night at AS Sports with our annual passes. To get this, only one person in your party has to have an annual pass and you can reserve up to 2 rooms. It is cheaper to buy 1 annual pass and get the room savings if you are staying a week or so.

Upvote 0

kellympmo

All Star Discounts

I did see rates of $59 a night for the All Star Resorts on both Travelocity.com and Expedia.com. I think that these dates were for mostly October and some November dates. However, I just checked on a couple of October dates and none of the good rates are there anymore ($59 for Value Resorts, $99 for Moderates, $189 for Deluxe Disney Resorts). I think that they either pulled all of the good rates or they were sold out for those dates I checked. I would check those websites for your specific dates using the "search close" to Disney World function.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

dopey

Original Poster
thanks you two. i probably should have gotten an annual pass before my wdw trip in august. but who knew?

i'm going to check the mousesavers site again -- the person who runs it is back from vacation to you know where. maybe there's something new. i'll also check those travel web sites.

if i can't get a decent rate at asr, i'll check out the non-disney hotels on property. i know there are some good deals out there, and i can't imagine the transportation is much worse than it is at asr (and i mean that in the nicest way). there is just no way i'm paying the rack rate at a hotel that probably isn't even half full.

Upvote 0

Melissamoo

Hey there ~

My fiance and I just booked All Star Music for February 8 - 18 and got a rate of $69 with Disney Club Discount. AP Discounts for that time aren't out yet.

Upvote 0

Tink

Hey, Dopey! Good to see you!

You know you could just call Disney and ask. A cast member once told me that they aren't supposed to "volunteer" information about specials but when asked they are happy to tell you what they know. Just a thought... :)

Upvote 0

<SRH>

I called for info on the AS resorts for next week. They said the rate was $49.00. I called the number in the Florida Resident section on WDW's site.

Upvote 0

dopey

Original Poster
hiya tink! it's nice to be seen and to see you, as well.

i decided to bail on disney. the coq code isn't good anymore. but that's a slick idea, srh, to call the number for florida residents.

i called disney a couple times and asked point blank about getting the $49 rate. the glamorous gals of disney reservations shut me down both times (the story of my life, sigh). i begged. i pleaded. i even threatened to go to universal instead. no dice.

so, i jumped on the $29 rate at the courtyard lbv at downtown disney. the only difference, really, is the transportation system. but it shouldn't be that big of a hassle 'cause the kids aren't going with this time. and i'm saving $60 to boot.

thank you again to everyone for their tips.

the most important thing, i guess, is i can say: i'm going to disney world! again!

Upvote 0

Tink

Hey, Dope, I'm with SRH on this one - take the $29 deal! The Courtyard is really close to WDW, isn't it? It's a Marriott Courtyard, right? If so, then it will be nice - I've never stayed in a dumpy Courtyard. :)

And you're right - the most important thing is that you're getting back to the World!:D

Upvote 0

dopey

Original Poster
tink, i'm in. that's what i was saying before: "i jumped on the $29 rate at the courtyard lbv."

i'm sure it will be just fine. actually, the courtyard might even be better than asr. the courtyard is just a five-minute walk to downtown disney and it has a full spa, exercise room (which i will ignore) and a whirlpool. the only time you get a whirlpool-like effect at asr is when it's 100 degrees outside and the food court is running a special on bean tacos.

speaking of bodily functions, have you ever taken a close look at the mickey that squirts water into the pool at the all-star movies resort? if you look at him from the side, it looks as if he's -- how to put this delicately? -- evacuating his bladder into the pool. my 7-year-old and i thought this was hilarious, but we have the same mentality.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom