Rumor All Star Resort Resturant Rumor

hobovampire

Bawe, I would love it. I live in middle america but am an AP holder, I go to the All-Stars with my brothers because it's affordable. We usually do at least two sit downs a trip depending on length so It'd be nice to have one at an all star, too. :>

AEfx

Funny, for all the people bristling at my tips comment, no one responded to the original question if they'd want to work at an All Star TS and live off the tips they get there.

Your implication seems to be that lower-income people don't tip as well. The premise of the question is flawed. I take it you don't know a lot of servers. Working class people tend to tip more generously - a higher percentage of the bill, and more consistently - than white-collar, higher income people. Particularly on vacation. There are a lot of reasons for it - but most of them boil down one way or another to the fact that working class people are much more aware of the economics of being wait staff (either they or family members, etc. have been servers before) and thus are also more likely to empathize with what a difficult job it is.

Jedi Stitch

Who would like to live off the tips that come from being a server at an All Stars TS restaurant?
After have staying at the ASMo and using the food court as a last resort option. We did prefer to explore the park and eat TS at other places. I find it interesting that a TS be put at the AS. I would prefer to use an AS TS. Now as to reply to the quote, please forgive my ignorance, but if my memory served me right even with a DDP, I was still receiving a bill for my adult beverages and a 18% gratuity already built into the bill. As an example, at the Character restaurants, the DDP paid the just over $100 for a party of three price to eat at the character meal. Now say it was breakfast so we a mermosa as well. So, they scanned my MB up front saw we had the DDP. Afterwords, we get the bill. It would show the credits for the TS used and then the $24 for the mermosas, and it would show the 18% like 22.32 or around it, so my bill that needs to be paid was $46.22, and either scanned the MB to charge to your room, or paid in CC,Cash, Debt, or gift card. I know from my very first TS character meal, if you don't know the system they will embarrass you. With that rambling said. Isn't the 18% built in automatically to the bill, or are you implying that you should be tipped on top of the gratuity you are getting?

Jedi Stitch

Funny, for all the people bristling at my tips comment, no one responded to the original question if they'd want to work at an All Star TS and live off the tips they get there.
If I was back in the service industry again,I would say yes to your proposal. As I said in my previous post, I was getting 18% already added to the bill, even if we didn't get extra libations, and just used the TS DDP credit. I was still getting at least an $18 bill to cover gratuity. So, yes, working for the mouse is better than working for a smaller restaurant company. Could you earn more working for Einstein Bros, or Darnel Group, ets.

dennis-in-ct

It's a still a shame what they did to those two, both of those served an excellent breakfast. But nope can't have anything nice anymore, cattle heard everyone into a ugly gymnasium (french quarter food court) with no other option. . anyway, interesting rumor for sure,

Having recently stayed at all-stars and deciding on visiting Coronado one night for dinner - expecting the food court to look the way I remembered it in the 90’s and early 2000’s - I was shocked how stripped down and void of charm it is now.

Are you saying Port Orleans is also now a stripped down food court? The all star food court felt “bare” and missing the options and food stations it had in the past as well.

I took one look at the Coronado Food Court - shook my head in disbelief and went to have a nice meal at the Sitdown restaurant (Maya?).

The Coronado food court used to have gorgeous food stations - fit the theme - many food options - people manning and serving at many of them - it was just so good and a terrific variety at a good price. It was just a sad sterile empty looking place. Just a crime.

I would welcome a sit down at all star. With the over-agressive need to pre plan now to ensure a spot somewhere for dinner, having a sitdown where you can easiy just walk in and be seated would be great. I don’t want to commit to having italian food three months from now on a Wednesday and god help me if I feel otherwise when that time comes. I just want to pick a place and GO. More sit downs might help.

Who would like to live off the tips that come from being a server at an All Stars TS restaurant?
I think it depends. Because WDW builds the gratuity into the ticket, I feel like tips could still be plentiful (amount/ticket, busy-ness of location, etc.) but the hidden factor that seems to be causing the bristling is "quality".
In any career path there are those times in your career where you feel like you are operating in the "sweet spot". Ex.) I've been told that since the Poly opened, it has been low-key considered the "Premier" location to work- as far as hotel management/career training is concerned. If you work there, it looks excellent on your resume! However, the standards are HIGH and you have to be "the best" to work there in the first place. Read: this location is #careergoals!
With that said- I could see the staffing at a TS location in the AS's going one of two ways. 1) High crowds and high turn around in demand, they would need a staff of highly trained, and extremely talented and quick servers to address these needs- therefore becoming an excellent place to hone your skills and cut your teeth for what is required to be a top-rate Disney Server. I.E. working here is earned.
or 2) They decide to use the CP kids who have prior server experience and fill out the server roles with them. This allows for a fast-paced environment in which new staff are cycled through every 6-8 months, with the full-time Cast Members holding down a few consistent spots- allowing them to train and bolster their credentials. *This is an excellent stepping stone to get you where you really want to be.*
So, even though this rumored TS location has the same chance to be of quality as every other location across property, the hidden understanding is that since it's located at the AS's- the price point per ticket would be lower (no $100 steaks or glasses of Adult Beverages to plus the bottom line) as well as the larger and *given some of the comments in the thread* LOUDER tables- would the tips here be worth it. (?)

I was expecting this... sort of. I figured that they would add a TS restaurant somehow to the Pop/AoA area. I really loved how those two resorts make their own mini-Crescent-Lake-like area; they function as one resort in a manner of speaking (no surprise, given the original plan). AoA (or Pop, to a lesser extent) can be rewarding for a non-guest to walk around, just like a deluxe. With the Skyliner coming, that's going to give a TON of people easy access to Pop/AoA. With the resort level categories going away, it makes sense to put a restaurant there because it can make money, instead of "well, it's a value, so they don't have TS". In the future, it will be, "Stay at Art of Animation! Fun Suites! Great grounds to explore! Big pool! Animator's Palate restaurant! Skyliner access to two parks! Give us all your money!" instead of "Here's the value resorts."
I loved your last bit! :joyfull: "Instead of, "Here's the value resorts." :hilarious::happy:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was expecting this... sort of. I figured that they would add a TS restaurant somehow to the Pop/AoA area. I really loved how those two resorts make their own mini-Crescent-Lake-like area; they function as one resort in a manner of speaking (no surprise, given the original plan). AoA (or Pop, to a lesser extent) can be rewarding for a non-guest to walk around, just like a deluxe. With the Skyliner coming, that's going to give a TON of people easy access to Pop/AoA. With the resort level categories going away, it makes sense to put a restaurant there because it can make money, instead of "well, it's a value, so they don't have TS". In the future, it will be, "Stay at Art of Animation! Fun Suites! Great grounds to explore! Big pool! Animator's Palate restaurant! Skyliner access to two parks! Give us all your money!" instead of "Here's the value resorts."

An Animator's Palate similar to DCL - but probably without the animation 😟 - would be an excellent addition to that resort.

beachlover4444

Question about dining at resorts. It seems more difficult to get passed the security guards these days. Do you have to have a reservation at a resort or can you go in and dine at quick service options if you wanted to. Are they still charging you to park using valet at Boardwalk. We havent been to ESPN in years because when we go they want to force us to valet if we are dining at the boardwalk. Sorry but I dont valet.

21stamps

Hmmm. This is one time where I’ll say- Sounds like money poorly spent, if true.

For reasons of room location convenience, we switched to All Star Sports around Thanksgiving. We arrived well after 9pm.. headed to the QS restaurant..it was HUGE, and packed, and loud, and annoying.
Are a few bites of our not-so-good food and went to sleep. The next day was a full Park day..walked in the restaurant in the morning for a cup of coffee, milk, and bagels.. Took one look at the crowds and noise- NOPE. Walked out.
(I didn’t know anything about the hotel, so had no clue that the rooms were sans coffee makers)

1 experience there was enough to scar me for life. Ok maybe not that bad, but it was bad.
Maybe instead of one TS for those resorts, they should add a smaller cafe to each one.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The shrimp & grits is yummy too

Your implication seems to be that lower-income people don't tip as well. The premise of the question is flawed. I take it you don't know a lot of servers. Working class people tend to tip more generously - a higher percentage of the bill, and more consistently - than white-collar, higher income people. Particularly on vacation. There are a lot of reasons for it - but most of them boil down one way or another to the fact that working class people are much more aware of the economics of being wait staff (either they or family members, etc. have been servers before) and thus are also more likely to empathize with what a difficult job it is.

NECROMANCERS!!!

Bocabear

Hmmm. This is one time where I’ll say- Sounds like money poorly spent, if true.

For reasons of room location convenience, we switched to All Star Sports around Thanksgiving. We arrived well after 9pm.. headed to the QS restaurant..it was HUGE, and packed, and loud, and annoying.
Are a few bites of our not-so-good food and went to sleep. The next day was a full Park day..walked in the restaurant in the morning for a cup of coffee, milk, and bagels.. Took one look at the crowds and noise- NOPE. Walked out.
(I didn’t know anything about the hotel, so had no clue that the rooms were sans coffee makers)

1 experience there was enough to scar me for life. Ok maybe not that bad, but it was bad.
Maybe instead of one TS for those resorts, they should add a smaller cafe to each one.
I had a similar experience staying at POP ...Went to the food court for a quick coffee and bite before the parks, took one look at the ridiculous crowds, screaming children, kids climbing all over the tables....we all looked at each other and spun on our heels, got in the car and had a lovely quiet breakfast at the Boardwalk... Never set foot back in that food court again. That was a nice feature about Coronado Springs ...you could always go to The Maya Grill for a quiet breakfast with service... Every resort should have a quiet option....

21stamps

I had a similar experience staying at POP ...Went to the food court for a quick coffee and bite before the parks, took one look at the ridiculous crowds, screaming children, kids climbing all over the tables....we all looked at each other and spun on our heels, got in the car and had a lovely quiet breakfast at the Boardwalk... Never set foot back in that food court again. That was a nice feature about Coronado Springs ...you could always go to The Maya Grill for a quiet breakfast with service... Every resort should have a quiet option....

Yes! I’ve never seen so many unruly kids in one enclosure. The noise of the kids and the adults was just crazy... and to deal with that before caffeine?!??!? No way. They need smaller options.
I waited to get coffee and a quick bite (donuts) til we arrived at Animal Kingdom. I seriously had to look like a Zombie all the way there.

We didn’t go anywhere around the resort grounds.. do you know if they have pool bars with food and caffeine options?

njDizFan

I agree I do not need that kind of craziness before spending 12 hours in a crazy park environment.

But I think this comes down to the blurrification hinted at by some posters between the resorts. Currently if you want a table service in your resort you have to stay moderate or above. By adding this amenity gives another justification (besides the gondola) for a price increase. Put in a few water slides and bam those are now $250/night resort.

21stamps

I agree I do not need that kind of craziness before spending 12 hours in a crazy park environment.

But I think this comes down to the blurrification hinted at by some posters between the resorts. Currently if you want a table service in your resort you have to stay moderate or above. By adding this amenity gives another justification (besides the gondola) for a price increase. Put in a few water slides and bam those are now $250/night resort.

Do people really care what they are called? I don’t know, it’s strange to me...but maybe they do.
I’ve been accused of being ‘high maintenance’ throughout my entire life.. then I came on Disney sites and FB groups.. comparitively, I feel like I’m extremely low maintenance.lol

I could care less if something is labeled “value” “Deluxe” “moderate”. Amenities, convenience, resort size, are my factors in choosing.. and my needs for each will vary depending on the trip.
I would choose (have chosen) POFQ over Saratoga Springs if had to make the choice., and I chose a preferred room at AS S over a standard room at POR when it came down to those 2 options.
The labels themselves are meaningless imo.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Question about dining at resorts. It seems more difficult to get passed the security guards these days. Do you have to have a reservation at a resort or can you go in and dine at quick service options if you wanted to. Are they still charging you to park using valet at Boardwalk. We havent been to ESPN in years because when we go they want to force us to valet if we are dining at the boardwalk. Sorry but I dont valet.

They are cracking down because of the number of non-resort guests parking at a resort (especially MK ones) to avoid parking at the nearby park. If you don't have a resort reservation, you will be told to use valet parking or turned away. The guards have a list of ADRs and will check it when you stop.

njDizFan

Do people really care what they are called? I don’t know, it’s strange to me...but maybe they do.
I’ve been accused of being ‘high maintenance’ throughout my entire life.. then I came on Disney sites and FB groups.. comparitively, I feel like I’m extremely low maintenance.lol

I could care less if something is labeled “value” “Deluxe” “moderate”. Amenities, convenience, resort size, are my factors in choosing.. and my needs for each will vary depending on the trip.
I would choose POFQ over Saratoga Springs if had to make the choice., and I chose a preferred room at AS S over a standard room at POR when it came down to those 2 options.
The labels themselves are meaningless imo.
The labels are not meaningless because they are subject to certain standards. In-room hallways vs outside entrance rooms like a motel. Table service restaurants vs food courts. Location to the parks, in house amenities like theming of pools, gyms are all very different between categories. Not to mention general decour and size of rooms are all skewed infavor of the higher end resorts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom