All Star Music/ Sports Bus Share?

j0e1306

Original Poster
Hi, just a quick question...

Looking at either Music or Sports for the last couple of weeks in May 2015, reading that buses are sometimes shared between the resorts. Does anyone know what the likelihood of this is over the end of May?

smurphy28

We stayed at AS Sports the last week of May 2013. We had no issues with the buses, but did choose Sports so that we would be the first stop. As mentioned above, there were dedicated buses first thing in the morning and later at night, during the rushes. However, during the day, the resorts frequently shared, but that caused no issues for us. Movies was included as well when the buses were sharing.

BigRedDad

I am not a fan of the overall bus system, especially at the All Stars. A trip to the Animal Kingdom for an 8:00AM breakfast reservation. We were at the bus stop at 7:15AM. First bus came at 7:35. Went to each of the other 2 All Star. Got to the gate at almost 8AM. We were late and were way back in the waiting. We wound up sitting down at almost 8:45AM and not out until almost 9:45AM. I will be driving down from now on so I have a car. It is much easier to manage my travel times and not waiting on the buses.

Disney needs to create Bus Stop kiosks. Flash your MagicBand, select the resort, and go to the stop. This way it knows how many are at the stop and buses can be rerouted.

daisyduckie

I am not a fan of the overall bus system, especially at the All Stars. A trip to the Animal Kingdom for an 8:00AM breakfast reservation. We were at the bus stop at 7:15AM. First bus came at 7:35. Went to each of the other 2 All Star. Got to the gate at almost 8AM. We were late and were way back in the waiting. We wound up sitting down at almost 8:45AM and not out until almost 9:45AM. I will be driving down from now on so I have a car. It is much easier to manage my travel times and not waiting on the buses.

Disney needs to create Bus Stop kiosks. Flash your MagicBand, select the resort, and go to the stop. This way it knows how many are at the stop and buses can be rerouted.

Yeah, going by bus can take quite a while. Disney's goal is to have a bus for each resort every 20 minutes. It sounds like you may have just missed one. I know when I book my ADRs Disney tells us to leave for ADRs at least 90 minutes ahead of time. Unfortunately you cut it way too close, and ended up being late.

BigRedDad

When you are only a 10 minute walk to Animal Kingdom, 45 minutes prior should not have been an issue. Also, buses do not arrive every 20 minutes. When you are that close, it should not take that long. Even when I asked another bus driver, he said it should be there in a minute. I even asked if I should cab it. He said no.

MickeyMomV

We stayed at Movies back in October for 9 days. I can only think of 2 or 3 times we had to wait for a second bus because the first was full. Keep in mind this was for the Tower of Terror Ten Mile Weekend and being a host resort all of the All Star's were a little busier.

We are ones who take a mid-day break, so we go to and from parks 2-3 times a day anywhere from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm and I don't think we ever waited more than 10 to 15 minutes for a bus. I think that while you are waiting in line it seems a lot longer that it actually it, especially if you have small kids.

MickeyMomV

And, with exception to a couple of late night trips back from MK, every trip was a shared bus with all of the All Star's.

I can think of one trip back from AK where our 11 person party was split in two (it was raining and some of us moved faster than others) 8 people got on the first bus and 3 of us got on the second bus. The first bus had a 3 minute head start. Because of having to unload scooter riders the second bus arrived at Movies about 5 to 6 minutes faster than the first. We leap frogged them at the first All Star stop, we may have pointed and laughed as we passed them. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom