All Star Movies

LMSB

Original Poster
Hubs & I are heading down Oct 26-Nov 2 for a late honeymoon (we got married in May), staying on site at All Star Movies.. I've stayed at both deluxe & moderate resorts with my fam between 1991-2007, but this will be the first time staying at a value resort. We decided not to splurge on our resort, as we will mostly be using it only to sleep, shower & grab coffee before hitting the parks each day. Would just like some overall feedback on this particular resort.. thank you in advance!

belledream

Movies is perfect for your needs! It's also my most favorite theme...Disney movies! ;) Fantasia, Toy Story, and 101 Dalmatian are the preferred buildings, with Mighty Ducks and Love Bug being the standard, but it never really matters what section were in, as some of the fun is exploring the resort when you have a little downtime!

Captain Barbossa

Hubs & I are heading down Oct 26-Nov 2 for a late honeymoon (we got married in May), staying on site at All Star Movies.. I've stayed at both deluxe & moderate resorts with my fam between 1991-2007, but this will be the first time staying at a value resort. We decided not to splurge on our resort, as we will mostly be using it only to sleep, shower & grab coffee before hitting the parks each day. Would just like some overall feedback on this particular resort.. thank you in advance!
We love ALL-STAR MOVIES!! Stayed there 4 times. Great theming!! We've stayed in the 101 Dalmatians section twice and the Fantasia section twice. Good food court. Good pools. The only thing I would have to say is to make sure that you allow yourself plenty of time to get to Magic Kingdom. ALL-STAR MOVIES is the farthest resort from MK.

LMSB

Original Poster
We love ALL-STAR MOVIES!! Stayed there 4 times. Great theming!! We've stayed in the 101 Dalmatians section twice and the Fantasia section twice. Good food court. Good pools. The only thing I would have to say is to make sure that you allow yourself plenty of time to get to Magic Kingdom. ALL-STAR MOVIES is the farthest resort from MK.
Ty so much for your feedback! We are excited:D

Rob562

Many of the Mighty Ducks rooms are actually closer to *Music's* food court and bus stops than they are to Movies'... (Heck, the closest ones in Ducks are closer to Music's food court than some of Music's Preferred rooms...)

-Rob

mf1972

congratulations on your marriage! we've stayed at ASM many times. it does have a cute theme, & serves our main needs (eat,sleep,shower,etc).
nice options in the food court & gift shop. it does share buses with the other 2 all star resorts on occasion. particularly when returning. otherwise, we've never had a problem staying there. enjoy!

LMSB

Original Poster
congratulations on your marriage! we've stayed at ASM many times. it does have a cute theme, & serves our main needs (eat,sleep,shower,etc).
nice options in the food court & gift shop. it does share buses with the other 2 all star resorts on occasion. particularly when returning. otherwise, we've never had a problem staying there. enjoy!
Thank you!! We appreciate it:D

LMSB

Original Poster
Many of the Mighty Ducks rooms are actually closer to *Music's* food court and bus stops than they are to Movies'... (Heck, the closest ones in Ducks are closer to Music's food court than some of Music's Preferred rooms...)

-Rob
Are the All Star resorts connected? I remember visiting MUSIC & SPORTS back in the mid 90's with my parents & sister on one of our trips- checked out the property & food court but I don't remember them being connected (was only about 8 or 9 at the time)

Rob562

Are the All Star resorts connected? I remember visiting MUSIC & SPORTS back in the mid 90's with my parents & sister on one of our trips- checked out the property & food court but I don't remember them being connected (was only about 8 or 9 at the time)

They are "connected" in the sense that there is a parking lot between Sports and Music that some sections of each share, and another between Music and Movies. Going from one resort to another is as simple as walking across the lot.

-Rob

LMSB

Original Poster
They are "connected" in the sense that there is a parking lot between Sports and Music that some sections of each share, and another between Music and Movies. Going from one resort to another is as simple as walking across the lot.

-Rob
Cool, ty!

Lora Baines Bradley

My family loves the All Stars! They are more expensive than staying off property, but you get to use the bus service, and you get that feeling of being fully "immersed" in Disney. We don't use our room for much other than sleeping & resting so the All Stars are great for us. I hope you have a great trip!

KBLovedDisney

We stayed there on our honeymoon in 2014 :D!!! It was really great. We requested early on a first floor room that was really close to transportation and we ended up getting the very first room on the first floor in 101 Dalmatians that was pretty much right next to Cinema Hall (don't quite remember, but it may have costs a little extra). You will get buttons to help you celebrate and you may get some other surprizes from CMs (while wearing said buttons) throughout your honeymoon.

Congratulations! Have fun!!!!

LMSB

Original Poster
We stayed there on our honeymoon in 2014 :D!!! It was really great. We requested early on a first floor room that was really close to transportation and we ended up getting the very first room on the first floor in 101 Dalmatians that was pretty much right next to Cinema Hall (don't quite remember, but it may have costs a little extra). You will get buttons to help you celebrate and you may get some other surprizes from CMs (while wearing said buttons) throughout your honeymoon.

Congratulations! Have fun!!!!
Awesome!!! Thank you so much!:) Another member told me about the newlywed buttons, I'm happy because a button will be easier to convince my hubs to wear instead of mouse ears, ha!

Jedi Stitch

We stayed at the ASM. The best deal for sleep,Shower, and basic needs. You still get all the on property Perks. The Front desk put us in a room where we could see the fireworks from DHS. Fun to see on the travel day when we got there. Our only take away is the food court was a last resort for food. Honestly, just get out the door and go to a nicer resort or the parks for the meals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom