All Star Movies Hypothetical...

PoorSkippy

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm curious: do you think Disney would ever consider updating the movies at All Star Movies Resort? Am I wrong in guessing that Herbie and The Mighty Ducks areas are the least popular/recognizable? So even if those two were the only areas to be updated, what do you think the replacements should be, and why?

Kaznagan

hoping it doesnt get updated too soon - because i picked to stay there for the mighty ducks section (yes i am a BIG mighty ducks fan living out my childhood dream). After i check out late september they are more than welcome to change it :). if your around from the 19th sept and hear a random aussie quoting the movie and maybe quacking like a fool........ it'll more than likely be me or one of my friends laughing at me.

But with your question there are so many movie options..... i'd like to see UP used, how would they do it i dont know but i would love it.

rufio

I've never stayed there but I honestly wouldn't consider it at the moment. It's horribly outdated and I'm really sorry to all the people who love it the way it is! In order to keep it relevant they should keep it updated. I'm not sure what that would look like now that AoA exists... but there are tons of movies to choose from!

PoorSkippy

Original Poster
hoping it doesnt get updated too soon - because i picked to stay there for the mighty ducks section (yes i am a BIG mighty ducks fan living out my childhood dream). After i check out late september they are more than welcome to change it :). if your around from the 19th sept and hear a random aussie quoting the movie and maybe quacking like a fool........ it'll more than likely be me or one of my friends laughing at me.

But with your question there are so many movie options..... i'd like to see UP used, how would they do it i dont know but i would love it.

Well, I sure did like "Pacey" in that movie. You know what I'm talking about...

I feel like if they are trying to incorporate live-action movies, then what about something from Marvel? It seems like that could be an easy enough overlay. Or what about Bug's Life or Dinosaur? I think movies that don't focus on very specific or ornate architecture to carry the theme would work best, considering the motel-style buildings they'd have to work around.

With the success of Art of Animation, I would be surprised if they didn't try to plus-up All Star Movies Resort with choices that are more appealing to kids. Then again, I'm sure the rooms aren't just sitting empty because of the themes.

Tom

Beta Return
As long as they fill the rooms, they don't have a reason to update anything, unfortunately. I'm sure they'll swap some themes one day, likely in stride with a massive room refurb project.

Kaznagan

Well, I sure did like "Pacey" in that movie. You know what I'm talking about...

I feel like if they are trying to incorporate live-action movies, then what about something from Marvel? It seems like that could be an easy enough overlay. Or what about Bug's Life or Dinosaur? I think movies that don't focus on very specific or ornate architecture to carry the theme would work best, considering the motel-style buildings they'd have to work around.

With the success of Art of Animation, I would be surprised if they didn't try to plus-up All Star Movies Resort with choices that are more appealing to kids. Then again, I'm sure the rooms aren't just sitting empty because of the themes.

If they did a marvel themed one - i'd be there!!!! but irony would be using iron man (who is one rich guy) to deck out the budget hotel.

imagineer boy

Yeah, it is pretty dated. I've been theorizing they might as well retheme Pop Century, since they're not doing the first half of the century obviously, to an Art of Animation east side. The Fantasia and 101Dalmatians sections of All Star MOovies can be moved there. All the current All Star Movies sections can be rethemed to famous non-hand drawn/ CGI animation Disney movies like POTC, Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, etc. Would love to see sections themed to those.

PoorSkippy

Original Poster
If they did a marvel themed one - i'd be there!!!! but irony would be using iron man (who is one rich guy) to deck out the budget hotel.

Yea, admittedly, I know almost nothing about Ironman. I guess I thought that doing a Marvel theme the buildings could be made to look like...The Avengers' hideout? Do they have that? I don't know...maybe that won't work...

Kaznagan

Yea, admittedly, I know almost nothing about Ironman. I guess I thought that doing a Marvel theme the buildings could be made to look like...The Avengers' hideout? Do they have that? I don't know...maybe that won't work...

they could incorporate S.H.I.E.L.D? or Stark Industries? Asguard? i'm like a little kid in a candy store.
Me personally i'd love to see a giant Hulk somewhere. if they can have a giant dalmation they can have the Hulk.

CheshireCat12

AS Movies I would vote for no Marvel/superhero stuff and no Star Wars. I think if they changed the themes that they should keep to the classic animated movies (Lady and the Tramp, Snow White, Dumbo, etc) and let AoA be the "modern" animated movies. Pop Century does need a renaming, I agree with that though I'm not sure what they should choose.

PoorSkippy

Original Poster
Yeah, it is pretty dated. I've been theorizing they might as well retheme Pop Century, since they're not doing the first half of the century obviously, to an Art of Animation east side. The Fantasia and 101Dalmatians sections of All Star MOovies can be moved there. All the current All Star Movies sections can be rethemed to famous non-hand drawn/ CGI animation Disney movies like POTC, Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, etc. Would love to see sections themed to those.

Pop Century seems pretty popular as is, and I was initially wondering when I started this thread if ASM would be turned into another Art of Animation. I think you might be right, though--if anything gets done to Pop, it'll become an extension of Art of Animation (lets just hope they don't try to share buses!).

daisyduckie

No matter what movies they chose, someone would think it outdated. No offence, but I cringe at the thought of a Tron themed resort. Or S.H.I.E.L.D. If they change it, I agree it should be to the classic Disney movies. Like Dumbo or Snow White. Otherwise in a few years the same discussion will pop up.

Mouse_Trap

As long as they fill the rooms, they don't have a reason to update anything, unfortunately. I'm sure they'll swap some themes one day, likely in stride with a massive room refurb project.

This exactly.....whilst the values are the cheapest rooms on-site they will have high occupancy. Thus providing Disney will zero motivation to refurb anything more than the rooms and common areas.

Why spend a couple of million $ updating themes etc when you have no problem filling your rooms at industry leading occupancy and profit %s?

There isn't really any valid business justification for doing so. I would guess they will only do it when there is clearly as area they are having problems with....aside from that new themes will be restricted to new 'value' motel builds.
That said, does Disney have a need right now for more motel rooms? I don't know the numbers.
Did opening AoA, completing the buildings left by Pop half-Century provide sufficient capacity?

PoorSkippy

Original Poster
AS Movies I would vote for no Marvel/superhero stuff and no Star Wars. I think if they changed the themes that they should keep to the classic animated movies (Lady and the Tramp, Snow White, Dumbo, etc) and let AoA be the "modern" animated movies. Pop Century does need a renaming, I agree with that though I'm not sure what they should choose.

I would certainly prefer they stick with animated classics. I can see a Dumbo area working, if modeled after Storybook Circus. It might be garish, but I'd be very interested in seeing that. Imagine how pretty it would be at night, with old fashioned string lights?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just stayed at the All Star Movies for the first time a few weeks ago. With all my trips I have always avoided the All Stars like the plague but it was the cheapest option for a quick spur of the moment trip. Turns out the All Stars weren't bad at all. I stayed in the Movies resort and in the 101 Dalmatians section. While I might not be a big fan of all the movies they showcase and yes they are older movies, I see nothing wrong with it. Nor do I think it needs an update. All the movies are iconic in some way and maybe with the exception of Fantasia have been hits. Toy Story....HUGE hit and has a huge line for its attraction in HS. Herbie....has had spinoffs and remakes made (according the Wikipedia had 5 theater films 1 tv movie and a short tv series run. 101 Dalmatians...good animated movie and remade into 2 live action films. And Mighty Ducks was a film trilogy and spawned the Anaheim Ducks NHL team (no longer Disney owned) which is a good (although it pains me to say it as they oppose my NHL team) team. And Fantasia is just a Disney classic and pays a good tribute to a movie Walt believed in. I don't think the movies needs to be updated. If people aren't familiar with one of the movies, maybe they should rediscover the movie or for kids discover the movie for the first time. There is nothing wrong with classic movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom