All Star Movie vs. Pop Century

CrazyDisneyLady

I have stayed at both. POP has its own buses and is nice to have access to AOA but is very busy. ASM shares a bus with the other all stars. We tend to stay at ASSports because it is the first stop.

tnpoohbear

I'm debating between the two resorts. I don't want crowded buses and I would like to have a short walk to the buses and food court. Which resort would you recommend? TIA!!!!!

We stayed at Pop right after it opened a few years ago! We did not care for it and have not stayed there again. We were so far from everything and the signs for not correct, perhaps it is better now. They have a great food court there and their own bus service - not shared with the other All Stars. All Stars Movis is my favorite! The rooms were nice though!

NX2I85

We have stayed at both multiple times. I would recommend Pop. ALTHOUGH, on our most recent visit we were placed in the 90's section which turned out to be far more remote than anywhere else we have been in Pop.

Communicore

I'm a very big Pop fan. I really love the resort, the pool, and the atmosphere. Now with AoA it's even cooler! I also like the food at Everything Pop! more. I really love Pop! By the way it has been awhile since I went, anything new there?

Another vote for Pop. We stayed there last May and loved it. I was there by myself with my two girls (4 and 6). We were in the 80s building and the walk to the main pool, the computer pool, the food court and the buses was very short.

Mot

Been to all the Value Resorts and prefer POP due to the food court. After stating that, this past Dec. we stayed at Music. The bus situtuation is very fluid at the parks for all the resorts, I've noticed spotters will direct buses to the more crowded stops as needed. The mornings can be a little crowded at both Music and Movies because sometimes if Sports buses do not fill, they will pick-up at the other 2 resorts. Whichever Resort you choose it will still be a great time It's Disney for goodness sakes.

DsnySodec

Ive stayed at the All Star movies, and music, but I ve done the resort walk to look at all of them. We decided to stay at the POP when I came back for mid tour a long time ago. It is by far my favourite value resort (until I try AA out). Its a little out of the way IMO but worth it. A coffee and a Double Choco muffin there will start your day off right..

Dad 2 M & M

Pop for sure...Centralized to more parts and busing is better...Movies is our Fav of the All-Stars, but Pop is tops for the entire Value product line.......

G00fyDad

I suppose if you are riding the bus then you should choose Pop over ASMo. We always rent a vehicle so we don't have this issue. We actually avoid the buses like the plague.

Since September is usually a slower month, do you guys think the All-Star resorts will be sharing busses...especially on weekdays?
Thanks!

G00fyDad

depends on where you are...

there are no resort to resort buses - so you need to goto a park and then hop on the resort bus or similar transport.

I wonder if Disney will ever see a need for this and institute a set of buses for just this purpose?

jw24

I've only stayed at Pop Century and All-Star Sports twice but I prefer Pop Century simply because you get your own bus and you may not get a seat with a crowded bus at times when they share buses. Aesthetically and visually, all of the value resorts are unique and appealing in their own way. Adding on, I did prefer Pop's food court over the End Zone food court so Pop Century is the one to go in my book.

Brickcity Pauly

The 60's and 70's buildings are close to the Hippy Dippy Pool, which can get loud at times (I was never botherd by it).

Of all the Value Resorts, I'd choose Pop over the rest (although I'd like to see A0A for a few days). Good bus service, good cafeteria (well, good for cafeteria food, anyway). Lots of activities a the HDP for the kids, movies at night.

HollyAD

I have stayed at Pop three times now and I would go back tomorrow if I could! I think it's the best value for your money. I have had very few problems with the buses but the food court in the AM is very busy. I try to avoid it in the early AM around park opening! The pool is fun and the whole atmosphere is very fun and creative. Movies is a second fav for value resorts. Both are good choices. Movies is a little more disney like with the over sized characters and movie themes. You can always spend a little extra and get a preferred room at either resort and you will be by the pool and closer to the main building. I have done this and I am not entirely sure it's worth the money unless you are unlucky and get a room as far away as possible!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom