(All Star Movie Resort) What is the best time to get up for breakfast?

MPfly88

Original Poster
My girlfriend and I are vacationing for a week in Disney in mid August. We bought a meal plan and want to go to the World Premiere Food Court at the All Star Movie Resort for our breakfast (almost) every morning. But I've read online that people have experienced heavy crowds at the food court, and when they're not waiting in a long line to get food, they're then waiting just to get a table.

What's the best time in the morning to get up to avoid the peak hours of the crowds at the food court?

disney4life2008

I would not say there is ever a wait for a table during any time of the day (there is ample seating) especially if its just the 2 of you. However, the food courts can be a mess in the morning. Breakfast starts at 6am and I have been in there at opening and it fills up quick with people. I would say if your an early rider eat breakfast before 715am - by 8am it is a madhouse with people making 9am openings for the parks.

smk

We also have noticed the time crunch approaching 0800. One thing we do is while one is showering and getting the other runs and brings back breakfast and coffee. Usually my husband is the slower one and I do the running,he is not a morning person! One of the perks of staying at the All Stars is that the other ones are so close. Check out the time it would take to run to another food court, OR walk to the McDonalds right by there. I know from some spots at All Star Sports it would be just as fast to walk there for a quick breakfast meal. I confess we have never done that but it is doable. We tend to take our time in the morning anyway, we have been so many times that rope drop does not hold any appeal to us so we don't rush to get there super early. If we are at a park by ten I feel like we are going to have a good day! Have a great vacation!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I found that getting breakfast right when they open is the best time, as you get closer to the 8:00am and more so 9:00am hour, the crowds increase. I can't say I had any issues with long lines for breakfast because myself and my kids are morning people. Getting up at 6:00am is not big deal for us.

MPfly88

Original Poster
We also have noticed the time crunch approaching 0800. One thing we do is while one is showering and getting the other runs and brings back breakfast and coffee. Usually my husband is the slower one and I do the running,he is not a morning person! One of the perks of staying at the All Stars is that the other ones are so close. Check out the time it would take to run to another food court, OR walk to the McDonalds right by there. I know from some spots at All Star Sports it would be just as fast to walk there for a quick breakfast meal. I confess we have never done that but it is doable. We tend to take our time in the morning anyway, we have been so many times that rope drop does not hold any appeal to us so we don't rush to get there super early. If we are at a park by ten I feel like we are going to have a good day! Have a great vacation!

Oh that's interesting, I didn't consider I could just bring the food back to my room. My gf would love getting a breakfast in bed! I have no problem getting up at around 7:00 while she gets some extra sleep, and I can bring back the breakfast and coffee. Good idea.

Thanks for the replies!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
We've also found getting some basic breakfast supplies at a local supermarket to be helpful. Many rooms have refrigerators, so we'd get either pastries or bagels and then eat in the room and hit the ground running. This also saves us some $$ as well since non-disney food is cheaper :)

J_Krafty24

I am also the breakfast runner for my husband when we go. I get up, shower, tell him to wake up and then get a tray full of breakfast (I never had anyone complain about me bring a tray back to the room). He is not a morning person so without the food and caffine being brought to he he wouldnt be out of bed and ready to go until like noon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom