All Parks Opening Early like MK

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Thought I would share as I hadn't seen this before, but all four parks (well, I'm assuming on DHS, but know for DAK and Epcot) allow guests in before park opening. In Epcot, they now stop guests in front of Spaceship Earth until opening and at DAK, they let you up to Tree of Life and open the park with macaws flying overhead. It was new to me and I liked it more than having to wait outside the gates. I thought it was a fairer system for getting to rides. In the past, if you chose the wrong line and were behind people with major ticketing issues, hundreds of extra guests would get in the park before you. Now, the playing field is leveled.

Jon81uk

I've been to DAK, where this happened, but with Mickey Mouse opening the park instead of the Macaws. But that was maybe 10 years ago. I think it has changed and changed back again several times.

JohnD

Thought I would share as I hadn't seen this before, but all four parks (well, I'm assuming on DHS, but know for DAK and Epcot) allow guests in before park opening. In Epcot, they now stop guests in front of Spaceship Earth until opening and at DAK, they let you up to Tree of Life and open the park with macaws flying overhead. It was new to me and I liked it more than having to wait outside the gates. I thought it was a fairer system for getting to rides. In the past, if you chose the wrong line and were behind people with major ticketing issues, hundreds of extra guests would get in the park before you. Now, the playing field is leveled.

Good to know, especially if I want to rope drop Soarin. It might actually work better because I wouldn't be held up at the scanners. I just stand on the right side under SSE ready to go a fast walk when the rope drops.

I am Timmy

How does this work for EMH? Is there a separate line for people to get through to the rides? This sounds like a great idea, people won't be squished in at the scanners, and will alleviate time constraints when the scanners are having "issues" right in front of me!

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
How does this work for EMH? Is there a separate line for people to get through to the rides? This sounds like a great idea, people won't be squished in at the scanners, and will alleviate time constraints when the scanners are having "issues" right in front of me!
At MK, everyone was let in at about 7:45 and at the entrances to the lands, CMs were stationed to check for resort status. At Epcot you had to be a resort guest to get in. Didn't to EMH at DHS or DAK.

I am Timmy

At MK, everyone was let in at about 7:45 and at the entrances to the lands, CMs were stationed to check for resort status. At Epcot you had to be a resort guest to get in. Didn't to EMH at DHS or DAK.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking into it as our trip draws near, I check the WDWMagic calculator frequently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom