All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

No, really, not. Unless you mean classic Epcot and not classic EPCOT. Classic EPCOT died in 1994 along with all of the changeovers for "Epcot 94". 1993 was the end of classic EPCOT.

I'm not saying the Irons version was bad, I'm just saying it's not "classic".

Exactly...But it easily could have easily fit in there. Epcot '94 was the perfect EPCOT IMHO. New themes while still keeping the integrity of the park.

EPCOT Explorer

OY!

Can we settle the whole "classic thing"?:hammer::hammer:

SSE'94 was classic EPCOT only in Epcot'94. Or we can say it's classic Epcot'94?

Heppy?:lol:

And y'all wonder why fanboys have such a bad name....:dazzle::ROFLOL:

mcjaco

You know, perhaps instead of constantly worrying about those infernal triangles and the descent, we should sit around and complain about something that's really distracting to the ride.

The poor shape of the ride's ride system.

You wouldn't even notice the descent if the stupid touch screens worked half the time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Complain all you like. The ride system was left to rot until it was too late to fix.

SSE 94 classic? Nope. Good? Yep. SSE 82 classic? Yep. Good? Debatable. SSE 86 classic? Yep. Classic? Yep.

Each to their own, but I can`t call Epcot `94 classic since a) it had the 1994 logo and b) it had no Horizons.

EPCOT Explorer

Complain all you like. The ride system was left to rot until it was too late to fix.

SSE 94 classic? Nope. Good? Yep. SSE 82 classic? Yep. Good? Debatable. SSE 86 classic? Yep. Classic? Yep.

Each to their own, but I can`t call Epcot `94 classic since a) it had the 1994 logo and b) it had no Horizons.

Sounds like SM.:rolleyes:

And no Horizons in 1994!? I am certain I rode it then. (1993 too)Was it closed half the time?

Mr.EPCOT

SSE v3.0 with Irons isn't classic Epcot. I haven't seen the J. Dench version to say if it's better or not, but I preferred Cronkite over Irons. I can't even remember SSE v1.0 as I only rode it once.

I'm happy to see SSE got any TLC. And it appears it's not done yet either. We just have to be patient.

Yes, it is.

No, really, not. Unless you mean classic Epcot and not classic EPCOT. Classic EPCOT died in 1994 along with all of the changeovers for "Epcot 94". 1993 was the end of classic EPCOT.

I'm not saying the Irons version was bad, I'm just saying it's not "classic".

OY!

I would say that it was the swan song of classic EPCOT Center.

Exactly...But it easily could have easily fit in there. Epcot '94 was the perfect EPCOT IMHO. New themes while still keeping the integrity of the park.

Except they ruined the name, the logo, and CommuniCore!

tirian

That was the only attraction that fully understood Epcot's purpose, and it was gutted for a glorified carnival spinner. :brick:

Before the M:S fans attack me, I'm not saying it's just a carnival ride. It's a glorified one. There's a screen to look at instead of peeled paint.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
That was the only attraction that fully understood Epcot's purpose, and it was gutted for a glorified carnival spinner. :brick:

Before the M:S fans attack me, I'm not saying it's just a carnival ride. It's a glorified one. There's a screen to look at instead of peeled paint.
:ROFLOL:

Post of the day!

tirian

But NEW Innoventions > OLD and dying CCore any day.
:eek::D

Innoventions was amazing when it opened. Now it looks like the same tech shows you can find anywhere. But I've got to credit WDI: they were ahead of their time when Innoventions first opened.

Mr.EPCOT

But NEW Innoventions > OLD and dying CCore any day.
:eek::D

Except there's no reason they couldn't have switched out those old exhibits for the new ones without ruining the overall pavilion. They could have left those windows open with those lovely views out into the park, instead of enclosing it into a dark, noisy cave, they could have retained the smart traffic flow through the park (and in fact the sponsors at Innoventions now would probably love the higher level of exposure that would come with using the buildings as the main thoroughfares as they orginally were), and the Plaza would be much, much lovelier of course.

EPCOT Explorer

Except there's no reason they couldn't have switched out those old exhibits for the new ones without ruining the overall pavilion. They could have left those windows open with those lovely views out into the park, instead of enclosing it into a dark, noisy cave, they could have retained the smart traffic flow through the park (and in fact the sponsors at Innoventions now would probably love the higher level of exposure that would come with using the buildings as the main thoroughfares as they orginally were), and the Plaza would be much, much lovelier of course.

Agreed in full. :D FW Central used to be so pretty.:eek:

ttalovebug

OY!

Compared to the new version, SSE '94 is classic. :lol:

It's my classic, since it's the first one I ever rode. :hammer:

EPCOT Explorer

Compared to the new version, SSE '94 is classic. :lol:

It's my classic, since it's the first one I ever rode. :hammer:

My opinion...Best EPCOT and Disney ride, ever. Sorry,Horizons.

It executed the IIE so well. (Inform,Inspire, Entertain, ) I have never known a ride through to do this that well.:eek:

EpcotServo

complain all you like. The ride system was left to rot until it was too late to fix.

Sse 94 classic? Nope. Good? Yep. Sse 82 classic? Yep. Good? Debatable. Sse 86 classic? Yep. Classic? Yep.

Each to their own, but i can`t call epcot `94 classic since a) it had the 1994 logo and b) it had no horizons.

82 SSE < 86 SSE

86 SSE > 94 SSE

94 SSE < 07 SSE

In My Honest Opinion.
:D

EpcotServo

My opinion...Best EPCOT and Disney ride, ever. Sorry,Horizons.

It executed the IIE so well. (Inform,Inspire, Entertain, ) I have never known a ride through to do this that well.:eek:

Wrong.

Horizons.

*Puts stack of hardcover EPCOT books on Evan's head in punishment*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom