All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

Lee dreams too much...

Don't you Lee... :D

My dreams already changed to nightmares...
"Welcome to Fantasmic. Tonight our friend and host Tim G (Corrus), uses his vivid imagination, to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination, for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure. But beware, nothing is more powerful than the imagination, for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. Are the powers of Tim G's imagination strong enough, and bright enough to withstand the evil forces that invade Tim's dreams? You are about to find out. For we now invite you to join Tim G, and experience Fantasmic....a journey beyond your wildest imagination."

:D

Nemo14

Any truth to the rumor that they're officially changing the name of Celebration to Pixarbration? :lookaroun

:animwink:

Disneyson 1

"Welcome to Fantasmic. Tonight our friend and host Tim G (Corrus), uses his vivid imagination, to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination, for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure. But beware, nothing is more powerful than the imagination, for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. Are the powers of Tim G's imagination strong enough, and bright enough to withstand the evil forces that invade Tim's dreams? You are about to find out. For we now invite you to join Tim G, and experience Fantasmic....a journey beyond your wildest imagination."

:D

................................................................................Imagination..............................................Dream of fantastic dreams!!!!!! IN YOUR I-MAG-I-NAAA-TIONNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tim G conducts waves of controversy with his mouse)

:lookaroun:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

................................................................................Imagination..............................................Dream of fantastic dreams!!!!!! IN YOUR I-MAG-I-NAAA-TIONNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tim G conducts waves of controversy with his mouse)

:lookaroun:lookaroun
Heh.:D

Skyway

What's the chance they will re-animate the descent video?

I truly believe that "art direction" has everything to with why some do not like the descent video.

Instead of a cartoony "Jestons" retro look, if the EXACT SAME video (same narration, same concepts) were simply re-animated with more photo-realistic graphics, I think it would blend in better with the rest of the ride. The riders' faces would still generate laughter (and I think thats OK). But with more realistic graphics, I think the goal of "imagining yourself in the future" would be more successful.

EPCOT Explorer

I truly believe that "art direction" has everything to with why some do not like the descent video.

Instead of a cartoony "Jestons" retro look, if the EXACT SAME video (same narration, same concepts) were simply re-animated with more photo-realistic graphics, I think it would blend in better with the rest of the ride. The riders' faces would still generate laughter (and I think thats OK). But with more realistic graphics, I think the goal of "imagining yourself in the future" would be more successful.

Agreed...If they were to go with the look of the post show, Project Tomorrow, it would not be half bad. The descent animation seems very abrupt and out of place.

HMF

Original Poster

Quit giving away my ideas for the 5th version. LOL.

Expo_Seeker40

one bird on my shoulder says the new toms child will still involve questions and video but far more .....oh boy..."immersive" and thank god "relevant" with the triangles and other effects showing all of us in the future, different scenerios data,etc

the other bird on my shoulder says, redue of where you answer your questions and see your video and then toms child with happy little children in triangles, etc

oh who to believe these days :shrug: :cry:

Thelazer

Simple Answer.

Tommorows Child song:

Images of you interacting with others (Based on your answers)
On the touchscreen.
On those new triangles.
On those currently "Covered" sets that are still up there.
No more stick figure animation.

Jay

JWG

Yes, it is.

No, really, not. Unless you mean classic Epcot and not classic EPCOT. Classic EPCOT died in 1994 along with all of the changeovers for "Epcot 94". 1993 was the end of classic EPCOT.

I'm not saying the Irons version was bad, I'm just saying it's not "classic".

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
one bird on my shoulder says the new toms child will still involve questions and video but far more .....oh boy..."immersive" and thank god "relevant" with the triangles and other effects showing all of us in the future, different scenerios data,etc

the other bird on my shoulder says, redue of where you answer your questions and see your video and then toms child with happy little children in triangles, etc

oh who to believe these days :shrug: :cry:
Both scenarios sound great! I've already got a bet running with my sister of who will cry first when they hear Tomorrow's Child for the first time. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom