All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWGoof07

Nope.

*Sigh*
It's not done yet.
The end is in sight, though. Not Tomorrow...but soon Child, soon.
Great news!

But...any chance it will be finished (audio, visuals, and all) within this century? 'Cause, you know, asking for it to be finished within the decade would just be ridiculous :rolleyes: .

Seriously, SSE 4.0 has to be an all-time low for Disney showmanship. WDI needs to be given some override power over Park Ops. It was absolutely ridiculous that they would compromise the show quality just to get it open for a busy time of year. Now WDW is approaching a bit of an attendance snag, why don't they just shut it down for January and do as much as they can?

<gets off soapbox>

EPCOT Explorer

Great news!

But...any chance it will be finished (audio, visuals, and all) within this century? 'Cause, you know, asking for it to be finished within the decade would just be ridiculous :rolleyes: .

Seriously, SSE 4.0 has to be an all-time low for Disney showmanship. WDI needs to be given some override power over Park Ops. It was absolutely ridiculous that they would compromise the show quality just to get it open for a busy time of year. Now WDW is approaching a bit of an attendance snag, why don't they just shut it down for January and do as much as they can?

<gets off soapbox>

It would make sense, no?

WDW seems to be low in it, these days.:rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
But...any chance it will be finished (audio, visuals, and all) within this century? 'Cause, you know, asking for it to be finished within the decade would just be ridiculous :rolleyes:

Barring any changes (yeah, right) it should be complete by the end of first quarter '09.

Lee

Adventurer
Wow...So one day, the ride will open at 9:00 AM and be done? Dang! Will WDW release ANY info?
Yeah. Pretty much. The remaining installation should go fairly quickly. Then they just throw the switch.
I wouldn't expect an announcement since I don't think they are currently admitting it is open in an unfinished state.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah. Pretty much. The remaining installation should go fairly quickly. Then they just throw the switch.
I wouldn't expect an announcement since I don't think they are currently admitting it is open in an unfinished state.

Damn....So how will we know?

Anyone wanna volunteer to guard SSE?:lookaroun I would but 230 miles prevents that.

(where's Merf when you need him?)

(Did I just say that?)

(No.)

:lookaroun:lol:

Mr.EPCOT

That just gave me an awesome mental image of a huge futuristic shiny sparkling switch waiting patiently backstage that will go *KAH-CHUNK* when flipped and start blasting Tomorrow's Child with mighty fanfare in 180top and the descent with all kinds of futuristic trippy lights and images and things activating!

EPCOT Explorer

That just gave me an awesome mental image of a huge futuristic shiny sparkling switch waiting patiently backstage that will go *KAH-CHUNK* when flipped and start blasting Tomorrow's Child with mighty fanfare in 180top and the descent with all kinds of futuristic trippy lights and images and things activating!

:lol: Don't forget Glitter City.:eek:

SO...!

Mr. EPCOT...are you ready to guard SSE and report back the second that descent lights up? Will you post vids? Pics? Illuminations of our grand and miraculous Spaceship Earth as it journeys through the uncharted seas of the future?

I certainly hope so.:D

piratetreasure

ImagineerMMC, you're still alive? But I thought you exploded from fanboyness. Unless.... Oh crud, he's a zombie!!! The zombiepocalypse is not over!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There's just something about his voice and the score that really brings back classic Epcot.
Erm, no. Classic EPCOT was Perrin and Cronkite. Irons came a long at the start of the parks second chapter.

Mr.EPCOT

Mr. EPCOT...are you ready to guard SSE and report back the second that descent lights up? Will you post vids? Pics? Illuminations of our grand and miraculous Spaceship Earth as it journeys through the uncharted seas of the future?

I certainly hope so.:D

Sure, just as long as we can get Vic Perrin, Walter Kronkite, and Jeremy Irons installed as a selectable language at the beginning of the ride so that I don't go catatonic from Dame Judi's mindless narration.

ImagineerMMC, you're still alive? But I thought you exploded from fanboyness. Unless.... Oh crud, he's a zombie!!! The zombiepocalypse is not over!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

Nothing scarier than a gooey EPCOT fanboy zombie, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom