Trip Report All Alone in the World

Enjoying a late Mother's Day gift.

Husband and Son decided the best gift to give a harried mom is a few days away from them. To really make mom happy, they decided to send me to WDW!

I flew from Baltimore to Orlando on Southwest. <insert boring flight stuff>. From the time I found DME, I had to wait 45minutes before the bus left for the parks. I was the second stop so I didn't have to be on the bus the entire ride.

I am staying at All Star Sports. Charles at check-in was adorable. It's so nice to know that some of the CMs are also Disney fans. So far, Sports reminds me of a cheap motel. The rooms are small, the beds are doubles, not queens, and the rooms show a lot of wear and tear. The addition of the tiny fridge is a nice amenity.The bathroom only has the single bottle of shampoo/conditioner. My hair will be really big by the end of the trip.

My friend took me to dinner at Bahama Breeze off property so I don't have a food report yet. We got appetizers and talked about old friends and new stuff. She was a cast member for a few years in FL, a few years in CA and worked with the Disney Store while it was still the Disney Store. It was nice getting a CMs perspective on some things.

I really hope that red stain on the bathroom door is ketchup...

I have been able to move my FP+ for 7DMT from 6:50 pm to 10:30 am! I can now park hop freely in the afternoon and evening.

Last edited:

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
@RedNoseMickey What "more" would you like? :) I only had 2 days.

When get my pictures ready from PhotoPass, I am hoping to do a Then and Now post showing the original 1977 photos and the 2015 recreations. I also want to add more info about the great CMs that helped me get the shots.

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
Great trip report - it is so neat that you were able to get the photos! I love hearing about the CMs helping out that way too.

When you were on HM, was it daytime or nighttime? During the day I know it can seem a lot darker/harder to make out details because of your eyes needing to adjust from the bright FL sunshine outside. It makes for a much smoother transition at night.

It was daytime but I think my eyes would have adjusted by the attic scene. Everything looked kinda blurry to me. If I hadn't seen HM in TDL, I would think it was my eyes. (Actually, I saw the NBC overlay)

HouCuseChickie

Thanks for tagging me...I've been so bad about checking on TRs.

I'm all curious about the red stain on the bathroom door. If I had the tools, I'd go all CSI on that thing!

Sooooooo jealous that you're getting to experience WDW all by yourself. I just want you to take care of yourself. You have to stay well enough to enjoy the experience!!! I wish I could send you - temporarily, of course -my awful curse of always thinking about food and drink.

Maybe also skip Mission Space next time. I really enjoy the ride, but it's just not worth feeling gross the rest of the day (says the girl who gave her hubby tips on the fastest of the tea cups at DL).

Can't wait to read more :) Or maybe I'm confused with things. I may have to reread it. I swear..head is not on straight!

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
I'm all curious about the red stain on the bathroom door. If I had the tools, I'd go all CSI on that thing!

Sooooooo jealous that you're getting to experience WDW all by yourself. I just want you to take care of yourself. You have to stay well enough to enjoy the experience!!! I wish I could send you - temporarily, of course -my awful curse of always thinking about food and drink.

Can't wait to read more :) Or maybe I'm confused with things. I may have to reread it. I swear..head is not on straight!

I tried not to think too much about the stain. Still hoping it's ketchup. I had forgotten about that comment because my Ambien had started to kick in.

When I am not in WDW, I think about food all of the time. I think it's sensory overload that makes me forget to do simple things like drink water.

I'm home so there isn't much more to report.

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
I get so sick sometimes in Florida, and I often think "I don't NEED to go to first aid, I'm 22 years old!" and the last time I thought that, I ended up in the hospital with dehydration. When I was there with my sister, though, I was all over her about keeping cool and hydrated. I've always been quite maternal - but funny thing about us "mom types," we definitely put ourselves last! Not a great thing when it's hot and humid. But glad you still enjoyed yourself!

thank you for inviting me to the trip report! I really enjoyed reading it :) And you're right about All Star Sports - it's a motel. All of the values are! It's disappointing, but when you're only spending 80-100 a night, you feel less obligated to spend time in there anyway!

If other people had been with me, I would have been fine. I plan breaks and meals when I have other people. When I was with my MIL, I made sure she was hydrated and rested throughout the trip.

I'm a big girl and I can do it all by my self! Doofus.

Thank you for joining me on my trip report! :)

As for Sports, it was disappointing as a hotel room but the Disney magic kinda made up for it. I would prefer better Mousekeeping. I didn't hate it.

HouCuseChickie

I tried not to think too much about the stain. Still hoping it's ketchup. I had forgotten about that comment because my Ambien had started to kick in.

When I am not in WDW, I think about food all of the time. I think it's sensory overload that makes me forget to do simple things like drink water.

I'm home so there isn't much more to report.

The home part is what I realized after hitting Post Reply. I swear...just so much going on that I can read one thing and think another these days. Some days I feel like I have the reading retention of a gnat! I'm still so jealous that you got to go on a solo trip. :D

12in12

Apologies, I didn't realize you only had 2 days. I am from the UK so always go a minimum of 10. I loved your TR so much I just wanted to read more. Loved the 1977 pics. So cute!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom