Pre-Trip All-aboard! Yacht Club in July '17.

Since 2007 our family tradition has been to go to WDW every two years. The tradition almost died in 2015 but 3 out of 5 of us saved it with a day trip. This year, with the help of a convention, we are going to the Yacht Club in July!

The Specifics (so far). I am a member of AHEPA which is like a Greek Knights of Columbus. A terrific organization that raises money for scholarships and good deeds in our community.
The AHEPA national convention this year is at WDW and they managed to secure a terrific group rate. So good in fact that I was able to convince my "not so much loving Disney" wife to agree to a trip! We've stayed at the Beach Club twice but never the Yacht Club. I'm beyond excited. We will be checking in Tues July 24th and leaving Sun the 30th.

The Players. The saddest thing about this trip will be the absence of my oldest daughter Alexandra. She graduated from College last year and is now enrolled in an accelerated nursing program. Her schedule just won't allow here to get away. I'm sure she'll be there for the 2019 trip!

DSC07422-XL.jpg

Who is going -

Myself (Chris). Disney lover trying desperately to cling to a family with 3 children that is now in reality 2 adults and a teenager. Photography enthusiast hungry for more Disney photos. Head planner and decision maker (which often leads to getting myself in trouble).

My lovely wife (Val). Those that read my other reports will not be surprised to know that Val will be the least excited to be on our trip. I think her exact words were "I'm not going to Disney again, and especially not in the *$%##@ middle of Summer!" Considerable compromises and sacrifices were made to get her to say yes. Here is a picture of the two of us from last summer. I'm not nearly as tan now as then but hopefully will be by our trip.

DSC02030-XL.jpg

Sterg - My 20 year old son will be with us this time. He missed our 2015 trip to Clearwater that included the one day at WDW. He's a sophomore at Penn State studying in the field of IT and on the swim team. He will be the source of much entertainment and laughs; if I don't kill him first. Here he is in the pool. Notice the shaved eyebrow; evidence of a bet that didn't go his way.

DSC01116-X2.jpg

Toni - When my last teenager isn't wrapping me around her little finger, she is busy with schoolwork and more dance classes than Mikhail Baryshnikov. Toni loves Disney as much as I do and we are usually the only members of the early morning Park contingency. Here she is holding our dog Prince.

DSC05205-XL.jpg

to be continued...

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Yes, fractal Jr. is looking forward to the trip. He's trying to convince me to start a vlog on Youtube. Not sure I would survive that.

Wat up? @Uncle Lupe

Glad you're getting back as well!

How 'bout it? re: trolled. Cobra Clutch has been very ineffective lately. :confused: In fact, it usually produces an opposite effect. We still have threat of losing phone.

I have not had any trouble with meal reservations. Although we still need to book a couple more.

Where are you going to be staying?

We'll be staying 8 days at All Star Sports with the three of us and a family friend and her daughter. Was originally Music but switched to get the "free" dining that cost an extra $200. Those two have never been so I am planning everything. But by the time we agreed to go we had already missed our 180 day window. :facepalm: Noob mistake already but little kids could care less about fancy meals. We do have ressies for BOG twice and Arkershus. Guess I need to start a Pre TR so I don't ramble in yours.

Last edited:

fractal

Original Poster
I am with fractal Jr! Start a vlog!!!

Did some practice footage last night. :confused:

We'll be staying 8 days at All Star Sports with the three of us and a family friend and her daughter. Was originally Music but switched to get the "free" dining that cost an extra $200. Those two have never been so I am planning everything. But by the time we agreed to go we had already missed our 180 day window. :facepalm: Noob mistake already but little kids could care less about fancy meals. We do have ressies for BOG twice and Arkershus. Guess I need to start a Pre TR so I don't ramble in yours.

Another extended family trip! and yes, you should start a PTR.

So here's my 2 cents: why not have @fractal jr do a vlog, and have @fractal continue on with his usual, excellent TR with outstanding photos and commentary?

What a great idea, Minnie! Sometimes I amaze myself! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Good advise!

Sarabell

So excited for you! BTW, your kids are huge! I feel kinda old having watched them grow throughout the years in your TRs.

I´m going back this September too, haven´t been since 2011. About time! I´m not staying on site though, which is sad, but it´s my gift to my boyfriend, who has never been to WDW or the US for that matter (it´s not actually a gift, it´s part of my evil plan to get him hooked on WDW and have him come back with me whenever we can afford it :devilish:)

I´ll be looking forward to your trip report AND your pics!!

fractal

Original Poster
So excited for you! BTW, your kids are huge! I feel kinda old having watched them grow throughout the years in your TRs.

I´m going back this September too, haven´t been since 2011. About time! I´m not staying on site though, which is sad, but it´s my gift to my boyfriend, who has never been to WDW or the US for that matter (it´s not actually a gift, it´s part of my evil plan to get him hooked on WDW and have him come back with me whenever we can afford it :devilish:)

I´ll be looking forward to your trip report AND your pics!!

Hi @Sarabell ! I'm happy you are also getting back to WDW! I hope your plan works. :D

Yes, kids are growing up fast. Thanks for your comments!

YAY!!!!!!! I'm so excited!! You write the best trip reports!!!:)

Hi @Ella's Mommy and thank you! It's coming up fast; 2 months from today. We are close to finalizing the dinner plans. :)

fractal

Original Poster
Well we are inside two months of seeing WDW again and so far no big arguments.

It may have to do with the rough stretch our family has gone through recently. We've lost 2 uncles and an aunt in the last week.

We did have some good things going- a nephew was married last weekend to a lovely girl. Of course I took my camera to the wedding and wanted to share a few photos.

Sterg and Val...

DSC02873-XL.jpg

he loves his Mommy (because they are so much alike).

DSC02926-XL.jpg

Here I am with my sister and my Mom (Yia-yia).

DSC02930-XL.jpg

and we can't forget Toni.

DSC02833-XL.jpg

With everything going on it's been a bit difficult focusing on our trip. I sense that is about to change.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well we are inside two months of seeing WDW again and so far no big arguments.

It may have to do with the rough stretch our family has gone through recently. We've lost 2 uncles and an aunt in the last week.

We did have some good things going- a nephew was married last weekend to a lovely girl. Of course I took my camera to the wedding and wanted to share a few photos.

Sterg and Val...

DSC02873-XL.jpg

he loves his Mommy (because they are so much alike).

DSC02926-XL.jpg

Here I am with my sister and my Mom (Yia-yia).

DSC02930-XL.jpg

and we can't forget Toni.

DSC02833-XL.jpg

With everything going on it's been a bit difficult focusing on our trip. I sense that is about to change.

Please accept my condolences over the loss of your two uncles and one aunt, all very recently.

Let's hope that brighter days are ahead for you and your family. I enjoyed the pictures you shared above.

blreinsel

So sorry for each of your losses. :( Nothing like a Disney trip to chase the blues away! Toni is so beautiful.. It's crazy to see her blossoming into a young lady after reading your reports for years about the spunky little girl always willing to spend mornings in the park with her daddy. ;)

LisaBelle

So sorry for your recent losses. I know from experience that a Disney trip can really help restore you. My sister and I lost our dad two years ago. We had already been planning a sister's only Disney trip to celebrate my 50th birthday. Planning for that trip kept up going through some very rough times after our dad passed. The trip itself was very healing because we could just relax and enjoy life and being together without all of the overwhelming responsibilities we'd experienced during the previous nine months.
Happy that you had a wedding to lift your spirits and bring light to sadness.
I am very excited to see that Sterg has joined the forums. That will definitely add a little something special to your TR :happy:.

fractal

Original Poster
So sorry for each of your losses. :( Nothing like a Disney trip to chase the blues away! Toni is so beautiful.. It's crazy to see her blossoming into a young lady after reading your reports for years about the spunky little girl always willing to spend mornings in the park with her daddy. ;)

Thank you.

I'm already prepping Toni for the early morning jaunts. She promises she won't sleep in like the other teenagers did. :D

So sorry for your recent losses. I know from experience that a Disney trip can really help restore you. My sister and I lost our dad two years ago. We had already been planning a sister's only Disney trip to celebrate my 50th birthday. Planning for that trip kept up going through some very rough times after our dad passed. The trip itself was very healing because we could just relax and enjoy life and being together without all of the overwhelming responsibilities we'd experienced during the previous nine months.
Happy that you had a wedding to lift your spirits and bring light to sadness.
I am very excited to see that Sterg has joined the forums. That will definitely add a little something special to your TR :happy:.

Thanks so much. Sorry about your Dad and I appreciate the encouragement.

Sterg will definitely add to the trip (and my blood pressure)! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fractal

Original Poster
Looks like our itinerary is set.

Tuesday July 25th

Arrival day! Plan to spend most of the day at Magic Kingdom with an early dinner at Ohana's. (party of 12! :eek:) That should be interesting. Amazingly, this will be my Sister's first time there despite her many trips. A bit of pressure on me as I pushed hard for this reservation. Let's hope it's a good day at Ohana's. I'm also looking forward to seeing all the changes to the Poly since our visit in 2013!

There is evening EMH at Epcot, so I can't imagine I'll miss that.

Wednesday July 26th

Plan is to get up early for rope drop and hit Avatarland. I have a FP for Flight of Passage but not until later in the day, so I'll settle for an early walk on.

Dinner is at Sanaa but that may change depending on how our day plays out, but we are planning to spend most of the day at Animal Kingdom.

Evening EMH at Magic Kingdom until Midnight. Yeah, I'll be there.

Thursday July 27th

This will be a more "traditional" day. Morning at DHS, pool time (or maybe Typhoon Lagoon), then Epcot in the evening. Dinner at Chef's de France (our first time).

Friday July 28th

Right now, the plan is for Val and Toni to join my Sister, Yia-yia and my 2 nieces for a day at Discovery Cove. I think this will be a nice break from Disney for Val.

Sterg and I will stay at the World and go commando. I have FP in the afternoon/evening for Everest and Flight of Passage.

Dinner is likely going to be Flame Tree.

Saturday July 29th

Morning at Epcot, pool time, then back to Animal Kingdom. This is the day I plan to get some good night time shots of Avatarland and the Tree of life.

Dinner at Tiffins.

Sunday July 30th

Checking out but with a late flight we are planning more Park time.

First DHS, then Epcot. I have an early afternoon FP for Soarin' and am excited to see the new version.

Well, that's the itinerary for now. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few changes here and there, but most of it should stay in place.

We have so much going on right now; Toni is getting ready for her annual dance recital, Sterg is training and working and Val has been super busy. Even though our trip is now within 6 weeks is seem to be off the radar (except for me).

I just bought a new lens for my new camera and am writing down a list of shots I want to take. Yia-yia took a trip to New York city a month ago and over did it a bit. She's now rehabbing a sore knee but should be ready by our trip.

My sense is that this trip is going to sneak up on the rest of the crew which will likely cause some last minute scrambling and arguing, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised with the low level of angst.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom