1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip All-aboard! Yacht Club in July '17.

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by fractal, Mar 7, 2017.

1. fractal

fractal Premium Member

Since 2007 our family tradition has been to go to WDW every two years. The tradition almost died in 2015 but 3 out of 5 of us saved it with a day trip. This year, with the help of a convention, we are going to the Yacht Club in July!

The Specifics (so far). I am a member of AHEPA which is like a Greek Knights of Columbus. A terrific organization that raises money for scholarships and good deeds in our community.
    The AHEPA national convention this year is at WDW and they managed to secure a terrific group rate. So good in fact that I was able to convince my "not so much loving Disney" wife to agree to a trip! We've stayed at the Beach Club twice but never the Yacht Club. I'm beyond excited. We will be checking in Tues July 24th and leaving Sun the 30th.

The Players. The saddest thing about this trip will be the absence of my oldest daughter Alexandra. She graduated from College last year and is now enrolled in an accelerated nursing program. Her schedule just won't allow here to get away. I'm sure she'll be there for the 2019 trip!

[​IMG]

Who is going -

Myself (Chris). Disney lover trying desperately to cling to a family with 3 children that is now in reality 2 adults and a teenager. Photography enthusiast hungry for more Disney photos. Head planner and decision maker (which often leads to getting myself in trouble).

My lovely wife (Val). Those that read my other reports will not be surprised to know that Val will be the least excited to be on our trip. I think her exact words were "I'm not going to Disney again, and especially not in the *$%##@ middle of Summer!" Considerable compromises and sacrifices were made to get her to say yes. Here is a picture of the two of us from last summer. I'm not nearly as tan now as then but hopefully will be by our trip.

[​IMG]

Sterg - My 20 year old son will be with us this time. He missed our 2015 trip to Clearwater that included the one day at WDW. He's a sophomore at Penn State studying in the field of IT and on the swim team. He will be the source of much entertainment and laughs; if I don't kill him first. Here he is in the pool. Notice the shaved eyebrow; evidence of a bet that didn't go his way.

[​IMG]

Toni - When my last teenager isn't wrapping me around her little finger, she is busy with schoolwork and more dance classes than Mikhail Baryshnikov. Toni loves Disney as much as I do and we are usually the only members of the early morning Park contingency. Here she is holding our dog Prince.

[​IMG]

to be continued...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. TheMouseFan

TheMouseFan Well-Known Member

Yay! So excited you're going back and we'll get a whole new set of fractal pics!!

3. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

This made my day!! Yay! I feel like it's been forever since a fractal TR. We might cross paths, assuming our move goes smoothly. :joyfull:

Ciara, wdisney9000, LisaBelle and 2 others like this.
  4. amjt660

amjt660 Well-Known Member

Following along
    We love the YC!!

Max

5. joshsprincess921

joshsprincess921 Well-Known Member

Yay! So excited for you!

LisaBelle and fractal like this.
  6. kaitertot5249

kaitertot5249 Active Member

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

7. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member

Such a lovely family!!! I'm in;)

8. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

Yea!! Another @fractal report! It seems like it's been so long. I miss your pictures, they're always so beautiful!

9. Figment Forever

Figment Forever Well-Known Member

Yeah!!! A @fractal trip report!!! But where have your children gone? So beautiful, but so grown up!! Congratulations to Alexandra on her college graduation. You will have to bring her some serious souvenirs to make up for the missed trip!

10. Shane7694

Shane7694 Active Member

Without a doubt one of the best trip report writers on the board along with awesome pics.. Can't wait!!

11. PineapplePrincess

PineapplePrincess Well-Known Member

We'll be arriving on the day you leave...boo! Looking forward to your trip report.

12. myhappyplace

myhappyplace Well-Known Member

Excited to see all of the wonderful photos you will undoubtedly take!

fractal likes this.
  13. CaliKris

CaliKris Member

I am so excited for another trip report from you! I enjoy your amazing photos and humorous family stories. So happy that most of your family will be able to take another WDW trip together. You must be so excited!

LisaBelle, fractal and MinnieM123 like this.
  14. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

Yippeee--a new Fractal TR is coming!! I love your TRs--always interesting and funny commentary--and excellent photos. :happy:

wdisney9000, LisaBelle and fractal like this.
  15. cfry06

cfry06 Well-Known Member

Hooray!! So excited for you and the family, Chris! And all of us on the boards who will be eagerly awaiting the trip details, report, and your beautiful photos.:D

Let the countdown begin!!

fractal likes this.
  16. senor_jorge

senor_jorge Nationality: Swiss for all things FP+ Premium Member

Excellent. More adventures for Big Pops!

fractal likes this.
  17. fractal

fractal Original Poster Premium Member

Thanks @TheMouseFan ! So very much looking forward to it!

Ha,ha. Thanks! I've never met up with a fellow WDWmagic poster so that would be great!

Beach Club has been my favorite, so looking forward to checking out the "other side".

Thanks @joshsprincess921 !

Thanks @kaitertot5249 ! More details coming soon.

Thanks @Courtney6682 !

Thanks @Zipitidoda ! It's been too long!

Thanks @Figment Forever ! Growing (grew) up too fast. Yes - I will owe Alex big time.

Thanks @Shane7694 !!

Oh bummer. I think it would be so cool to bump into fellow WDWmagic'ers! Thanks for commenting @PineapplePrincess !

Thanks @myhappyplace ! I have a couple photographic ideas in my mind.

Thanks @CaliKris ! I'm am very excited!

Thank you @MinnieM123 ! and thanks for all your comments and likes!

Thanks Chelsea and fellow Berks County-er! I'm definitely counting down!

Ha,ha! Thanks @senor_jorge ! More adventures indeed!

18. Bob

Bob WDWMagic Q&A Premium Member

19. LisaBelle

LisaBelle Well-Known Member

Hooray! I am so exited that you are headed back to Disney! I love your trip reports. I will be following along.

fractal likes this.
  20. coachwnh

coachwnh Well-Known Member

Thats great news!!! Very cool to see how your family has grown. Best of luck to all of you! Hope you like the Yacht Club as much as we do. Enjoy the trip.

fractal likes this.