Alice 2 Preview

Thumper 32

Original Poster
Lost in all the other news of the last few days was the fact that Alice 2 is getting the usual preview treatment, at One Mans Dream theater once again.

But perhaps the funniest and saddest thing is the news that at DCA, it will be going in to Muppets theater, which is being renamed Sunset Showcase. Sound familiar?

How creatively bankrupt can they be, to even be recycling the same name for generic flex spaces on the different coasts? Sheesh!

Bolt

Lost in all the other news of the last few days was the fact that Alice 2 is getting the usual preview treatment, at One Mans Dream theater once again.

But perhaps the funniest and saddest thing is the news that at DCA, it will be going in to Muppets theater, which is being renamed Sunset Showcase. Sound familiar?

How creatively bankrupt can they be, to even be recycling the same name for generic flex spaces on the different coasts? Sheesh!
At least they won't have two Frozen shows at the same time.

Acidsplat

Aww, I was hoping MuppetVision would be coming back to DCA. Much more convenient for me to drive a couple hours than it is to plan a flight and hotel to WDW.

TP2000

To be fair to Disney, when they announced the $1.2 Billion expansion of DCA in October, 2007 the MuppetVision theater was publicly slated to become Mickey's Philharmagic. Muppets was already being pulled out of DCA nine years ago.

DCAWDIMap.jpg

But by 2008 the expansion maps had turned the Muppets = Philharmagic space into what was labeled on expansion maps as a "Flex Theater" to be used for movie previews and seasonal events. That also got cut from the plan as Cars Land's budget ballooned by 2010. And MuppetVision soldiered on with a couple dozen people filing in, some by accident, for each show in that 500 seat theater. Then came Frozen, and the rest is history.

Turning the old Muppets/Frozen theater into a Flex Theater finally completes the plan that WDI first announced back in 2008.

Macca250

I know this isn't the first time it's happened, but I find it sickening that they're using good spaces like this to run MOVIE TRAILERS for guests who have paid a small fortune to come into this "quarter" of a park. For me, One Man's Dream is a reminder of old Disney; content in being a quieter attraction and serving up something a bit different in the modern world of franchise heavy theme parks. And, above-all, it's a nice homage to Walt (do they even remember him?!). To think you have a museum like OMD dedicated to the company founder and you've shoehorned in a commercial to replace an exclusive film that was a loving reminder of the man that started it all.... Honestly, I normally hold my tongue - But get it together Disney, this is awful and incredibly cheap of you.

If OMD does go during the rebuild (which I have no doubt it will) then at the very least put it to rest with a bit of dignity, not by plastering the latest "Burton makes Depp dress up funny movie" all over Walt's tribute. AHHHAHH!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom