Alberta Bound to take over from TradNation at Epcot's Canada Pavilion

dreamfinder

I don't have a problem with rotating through the different acts. It's really no different to me than only letting the foreign CMs work in the pavilion for a year, before they need to go home or transfer to a different location. Helps to minimize (in theory at least) the Americanization of the act. Although Canada (and to a point the UK) will be a bit tougher in my mind as it's not as obvious that the act comes from someplace other than the US, while say the acts that had recently been performing in Morocco were quite obvious they were at least rooted in Moroccan culture.

wannabeBelle

I didn't mind TradNation and was planning to catch them next time I was in town, but that didn't work out. I am very much looking forward to Alberta Bound though. If it is similar to the band years ago they were quite good. Marie

Bacon

For all who are keeping track:
Hey all you Off Kilter fans a bit of news from the other side of town:
Mark your calendars, friends:
Off Kilter at CityWalk Orlando.
June 17 (the night before the CD release party), July 8 and July 30.
More info forthcoming.
THANKS UNIVERSAL!
Marie
LOL it they preform the someday soarin over the world opens :p

Brian Swan

I loved Off Kilter, although the last time I saw them they had replace the bagpipes with a fiddle, which just wasn't the same. But I'm all for new acts rotating through. I've been trying to find any info on Alberta Bound, but Google searches only turn up hits for the song of that name (one, coincidentally, being played by Off Kilter). Looking at an old photo from when they were there before, it's 2 guitars, a fiddle, and a string bass - presumably with vocals as well.

wannabeBelle

I loved Off Kilter, although the last time I saw them they had replace the bagpipes with a fiddle, which just wasn't the same. But I'm all for new acts rotating through. I've been trying to find any info on Alberta Bound, but Google searches only turn up hits for the song of that name (one, coincidentally, being played by Off Kilter). Looking at an old photo from when they were there before, it's 2 guitars, a fiddle, and a string bass - presumably with vocals as well.
Im sure the bagpipe player was simply out that day and the fiddle player was subbing in for him which has happened a number of times over the years. Actually they are good friends and I believe did an act in one of the Asian parks together years ago. The fiddler for Alberta Bound in the original incarnation is the same person, Jason. I hope that he is in the up and coming act, as I like the duet he has going with Billy, another one of the Off Kilter subs (guitar/bass) at Scat Cat's club in PO French Quarter on a few nights each week. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom