Alaska Bound!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Monday (8/14) we arrive at Icy Straight Point around 9 AM and take a whale and Marine mammals cruise that afternoon. The ship departs at 6 PM and travels to Juneau, where we’ll be doing a float trip by the Mendenhall Glacier that afternoon.

So, how was it? I'd love to see a glacier--that must have been really impressive! :jawdrop: :) What are the temperatures like--nice and cool, I hope!

Nemo14

Original Poster
It's raining and about 40 degrees so we reluctantly cancelled the float trip :( and we'll go by bus to the glacier instead.

PUSH

@Nemo14 has been having trouble uploading pictures onto the forums due to wifi, computer, etc. while she is out of town, but did send me some in an email to share with you all. They are spectacular to say the least.

From her email:

View attachment 223205
View attachment 223218
View attachment 223225
View attachment 223226
Did she say when I should be expecting my Packer bear in the mail?

A bear dressed in Packers gear is kind of rubbing salt in the wound, isn't it?

Nemo14

Original Poster
Just got back from our train ride. It was pretty neat,even though it's been cloudy and foggy all day here. I've always been a fan of fog - it makes everything take on a mystical vibe. Anyway, I'll try to e-mail more pictures to Batman later tonight, but I make no guarantees. Tomorrow is our last full day here - no port stops, but we will be stopping to see the Hubbard Glacier. Then we have a few more days on land - I can't wait to see Danali!

fantasylandlacey

Hi! I am SOOO happy that you were able to visit Alaska!! Was it on a regular cruise, or was it with Disney Cruise Line? Did you go on the Disney Wonder?

This is such a beautiful story, although it is heartbreaking to hear about the loss of your parents, I am sure that they are super excited for you that you were able to visit Alaska!!

I actually grew up in Juneau! Do you have any pictures of it? What did you do there? Meeting and interacting with tourists was my favorite thing to do there, it's so exciting to meet people who have waited their whole lives to experience Alaska. Please tell us everything!!

Nemo14

Original Poster
We
Hi! I am SOOO happy that you were able to visit Alaska!! Was it on a regular cruise, or was it with Disney Cruise Line? Did you go on the Disney Wonder?

This is such a beautiful story, although it is heartbreaking to hear about the loss of your parents, I am sure that they are super excited for you that you were able to visit Alaska!!

I actually grew up in Juneau! Do you have any pictures of it? What did you do there? Meeting and interacting with tourists was my favorite thing to do there, it's so exciting to meet people who have waited their whole lives to experience Alaska. Please tell us everything!!
We're on a Royal Caribbean cruise, followed by a 3 day land cruise. Juneau was awesome - we went to the Mandenhall Glacier and also toured the town a bit. It's just amazing here! My internet on the ship really stinks, so I'll post more when we get back home next week.

Nemo14

Original Poster
So tonight is our last cruise night. It's been fun, but I don't think we'll ever cruise again. We're more land lovers, and stopping to smell the roses people. Alaska is incredible though - we got to see the Hubbard Glacier today which was just totally amazing. @Batman might be posting a picture for you soon. I'm psyched to get to explore Alaska a little more these next few days, but I'm not sure that we'll have internet at the places we'll be staying. So if I don't post here for a few days, that's probably the reason, well that or I've been eaten by a bear or something.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So tonight is our last cruise night. It's been fun, but I don't think we'll ever cruise again. We're more land lovers, and stopping to smell the roses people. Alaska is incredible though - we got to see the Hubbard Glacier today which was just totally amazing. @Batman might be posting a picture for you soon. I'm psyched to get to explore Alaska a little more these next few days, but I'm not sure that we'll have internet at the places we'll be staying. So if I don't post here for a few days, that's probably the reason, well that or I've been eaten by a bear or something.

Don't worry about the bears--they prefer the tasty locals! ;)

Now that your cruise is coming to a close, I'll bet you're still glad you experienced it. Sometimes, it's nice to shake up the travel routine, you know? By the way, how was the food overall, onboard the ship?

Can't wait to see more of your pictures, whenever you get home. :cat: Glad you and hubs are having a nice time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom