Aladdin's Flying Carpets

Sped2424

Original Poster
Alright so I have read on numerous sights that the Camel that spits water in front of the ride is actually controlled by a nearby Cast Member which to me would make sense considering how every time I walk by it that thing hits me with accuracy a little to well to be just automated. Wondering if any past cast members could confirm this?

Gfhweb

That would be one of the best jobs in the park. Getting paid to nail people with streams of water.

This is exactly why I dont think it is a person, besdes the obvious routine nature of the sparying, why would they ever pay at least $25,000 every year for someone to move a hose remotly. I think that thy just aimed them so that they are always going to hit in the traffic areas where people will normally be walking.

Cliff Racer

Its possible that the camel has three settings to shoot at and that those can be manually operated by a CM in addition to being automatic. Thats an old and common funhouse trick (along with wind gusts to blow up ladies skirts and shock buzzers if you sit on certain chairs) that has sadly gone away as funhouses have closed down or been lawyered away into tedium.

Maelstrom Troll

I was told this by a CM two years ago but have never been able to find anyone unlike the Push guy who is usually pretty identifiable if you give yourself a minute...I've even tried to look at the surrounding buildings with no luck...

He always has a messenger bag with his hand in it and wears a hat to cover the headset.

Goofy Rocks

I mean I have rode this ride before if you look one of the ride attendants is near that camel that points at people who walk and appeas to control the spitting camel just as under the canopy another cast member also controls the camel within the ride. Just my observation

According to my Keys to the Kingdom guide last year: it is automated and just aimed to have a predictable spot.

Another reason: you can avoid if you want. Some people don't want to get wet and will notice the water and avoid it. If a CM was aiming that could people off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom