AKL Villas questions...

HollyAD

Original Poster
My family has booked a 2 bedroom villa this July for AKL. I stayed there prior to the addition of the new Villa section and only in a studio. Since this is my first time having a kitchen/ washer and dryer. What is included in the room? Are there cooking utensils? Dish soap? Hair dryer? I assume they have their own bus stop? From the pictures I could see that there was a toaster in the kitchen. I am a little bit of an obsessed planner and I really don't like over packing so any input on the villas would be appreciated! Also, if you all have any tips for me go ahead and post. Thanks!

ps...Can you tell I can't wait for July????

ctosh

There will be cooking utensils, silverware,hair dryer
I always bring a large pan and pizza pan, Plastic plates and cups and Detergent and Downey
Now thats just me because we will be doing some cooking and there will 8 of us. Im sure I will pack more when I think of it.

HollyAD

Original Poster
Well, the 2 BR will have a washer/dryer in unit. You can see a full rundown of all the little pieces here -> http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas/guest-room-inventory

What building did they book? Both Kidani and Jambo have 2 BR units. And each does have their own bus stop.
Wow that link really did break it all down for me! This will help me figure out what I actually need to bring. I have an over packing problem and refuse to do it this time.

tiggerunner

Loved the 2 bedroom last Sept. I used the washer and dryer all the time- they give you some soap, but I also took a few of my own. We had breakfast food and some sandwich makings for a few quick meals. Enjoy

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Why do you bring paper plates when the villas have proper plates, bowls etc? The studios only have paper plates and bowls, but the larger villas have a full set of crockery.

Maybe so as not to have to "do dishes" on holiday?

Personally, I'd much rather eat off a real plate with real cutlery than paper and plastic, but I'm an oddball. :D

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe so as not to have to "do dishes" on holiday?

Personally, I'd much rather eat off a real plate with real cutlery than paper and plastic, but I'm an oddball. :D

I just deleted my posts lol!

But there’s a dishwasher in the 1-beds and bigger. No need to do dishes. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom