AKL.....tour of the land?

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
First time at AKL in June. Someone who has been there before...can you give a simple tour of the land,,so to speak? Where things are. Easy way to find where pool,food court, animal sighting, buses etc. Help the newbie.Please.

ParentsOf4

Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL) is really 2 separate large buildings. The main building is called Jambo House. If you are staying at the hotel, this is where you normally stay. Jambo House has 2 floors devoted to Disney Vacation Club (DVC), which also occupies the entire second building, Kidani Village. Collectively, the DVC rooms are known at Animal Kingdom Villas (AKV). I'll assume you're staying in Jambo House as a cash customer (vs. DVC member).

AKL is located on the southwest corner of WDW. To reach it, you need to drive past Disney's Animal Kingdom (DAK). There will be a guard at the entrance to AKL who will direct you where to go to check-in.

The main lobby is a lot like the Wildness Lodge. It's a long, tall, grand lobby with exotic African art in the middle. Check-in is on the left-hand side of the lobby. They will provide directions to your room. The restaurants, food court, and pool are on the first floor (I believe the lobby is either on the second or third floor) and can be reached by elevators on the ride-hand side of the main lobby. (There also are stairs near the elevators.) The layout is rather confusing for someone who has never been there and takes some getting used to.

There are several areas from which to view the animals. One is at the far end of the lobby, opposite from the entrance. Another is by the pool.

I suggest you search the Internet for "Animal Kingdom Lodge map"

luv

To get to the Mara (the fast food place), you'll need to exit the main building, out back. Don't bother trying to find a way there from inside. :)

Animal viewing - walk out back. If you don't have a room on the savannah, the halls have large windows through which you can get a peek.

It's no harder than any hotel, really. You'll get a map when you check in, but can find one online before you go, too.

I think the busses are to the left when you exit the main building's front doors...but I'm not sure! Check the map!

I love the AKL and hope you will, too!

KarenKlo

We stayed there last year and it was pretty to easy to get around! There are lots of places to sit and view the animals. Our boys loved exploring the hotel! The pool is right out the doors by Boma and Jiko. They do a little ceremony with the kids to open the pool slide every morning which was cute. Have a great time staying there!!

DisneyDaver

If you have a chance, try to eat a dinner at Jiko. The price point is relatively high, but I thought it was the best (and most unique) food I've had at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom