AKL or BWI during the Holidays?

• AKL

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • BWI

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

21stamps

Original Poster
Ok so just so I'm looking at this correctly- Kidani Village only has one bed in all of their rooms unless a 2 bedroom?

epcotisbest

Here is a photo of the sofa. Had to search through my photos to find this. One thing that is really nice about the one bedrooms at Kidani is there are two full bathrooms.

Kidani sofa.jpg

21stamps

Original Poster
Here is a photo of the sofa. Had to search through my photos to find this. One thing that is really nice about the one bedrooms at Kidani is there are two full bathrooms.

View attachment 205509
Thanks! I'm going to be facing the days of separate rooms and 2 bathrooms soon enough.. trying to hold off on that expense for a little while longer... I do it at "normal" hotels, but not at Disney or other pricy resorts.lol

21stamps

Original Poster
Important question, Do the "Studios" still get daily coffee when a cash reservation?

Also, have you or anyone actually used the sofa bed? We will be coming off of a cruise, with split beds, small.. so I don't want him to be uncomfortable for almost half of the Disney portion.

Jambo yes as far as I remember. ;)

Great, thanks!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Important question, Do the "Studios" still get daily coffee when a cash reservation?
Yes, a cash guest is treated like a hotel guest in every respect, not like a points guest. Even if you were in a Saratoga treehouse or a two bedroom villa somewhere, you'd get daily housekeeping with coffee and whatnot.

Also, have you or anyone actually used the sofa bed? We will be coming off of a cruise, with split beds, small.. so I don't want him to be uncomfortable for almost half of the Disney portion.
He won't be uncomfortable. It's a foam mattress on a solid platform. No coils or bars. However, for me, I find them ugly.

Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, but why are you looking at Studios when there are standard rooms available? I much prefer Jambo over Kidani, though I wouldn't hesitate with Kidani if it were the only thing available.

correcaminos

We've had someone use the sofa bed many times at many resorts and it's quite comfortable. Not like the old spring folded up types at all.

All of Kidani is just DVC which will have this layout (one bed & one fold out).

lostpro9het

the lounge menu and pool at Kidani look better than Jambo, but we would stay at Jambo House.: is it relatively easy/quick to get back and forth?

@lostpro9het
Travel between houses is very quick, either 8ish minute walk or a shuttle that arrives every 10-15 minutes.

Kidani is our preferred house for a few reasons. We'll stay at Jambo if we need/want a cheap 1-bedroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom