Akershus Experiences

yedliW

You still get your picture taken with Belle before being seated, but you don't get the printed souvenir photo in folder. It's just something that's added to your Photo Pass account.

Do you have to buy the MM (or have it as part of your AP) to get the photos?

Animaniac93-98

Can I take a pic of my daughter with her using my phone??

Yes. The Photopass photographer will simply give you a card with his/her photos on it too.

Do you have to buy the MM (or have it as part of your AP) to get the photos?

No. You can use whatever Photopass card you have been using prior to visiting Akershus, or take the one the photographer gives you.

If you want a copy of his/her photo (digital or printed), you have to pay extra for it.

carriebeth

We did breakfast a couple years ago and liked it. Its like a Princess Party with so many favorites coming to visit you. You might not get the best of photos as it was a bit cramped and we were right by a window and the light coming in was messing with the flash. But the kids had a great time. THe food was pretty good we thought. It was nothing super special or remarkably wonderful but it was plentiful and filling and tasted good. THe food alone would definitely not be worth the price...it is just a few breakfast items that are pretty inexpensive...eggs, potatoes etc...but I would say overall the experience was worth the price.

We are going back in a little over a month but this time will be doing lunch just so we can experience a different meal there.

Tinkerbella16

This is one of our favorite character breakfasts. We actually think this is far better than CRT - better princess interaction, better food and more food. We love the cold buffet options and the hot foods brought out to the table - the potato casserole is amazing! We even ask for mickey waffles, and they've gladly brought out a whole plate full for us. Belle meets in the foyer and the 4 princesses come around to the table. We have a PPO ADR next month, so excited!

Bryan76

Was there for lunch about 20 days ago and the cold fish and cheese buffet was great. The food we ordered was ok, but it was pretty warm that day and I think we weren't in the mood for it . The characters here far outweigh the food. We ate here then saw Elsa and Anna and then fast passed the Frozen ride. You can really do a lot in Norway if you make reservations and fast passes close together.

slappy magoo

One of my fondest memories comes from Akershus - my oldest was nearly 4. My youngest was just a baby and quite frankly, threw up whenever we took her anyplace so a lot of meals were frazzled. But this one moment was golden. It was breakfast. While getting the posed photo, Belle is showing my oldest how to pose "like a lady" one hand outstretched like so, head tilted, etc. I actually think Belle was being a little sarcastic, that maybe a prior guest said she wasn't very ladylike, but my kid didn't know any better, she posed "like a lady." During breakfast, the food was OK but the character interaction was great. My oldest was in heaven. She jumps in my lap and goes "kiss me daddy, kiss me!" I do an exaggerated pucker-up to land one on her, but she suddenly pinches my cheeks, looks into my eyes and says in a sing song cadence "Yoooooooou're being kissed by a laaaaaa-dyyy." I laughed a solid 2 minutes, she was so sweet yet solemn about this ladylike kiss she was about to give me. We will still goof on things that ought to be done by a laaaaaaaady or like a laaaaaaady, never serious (I'm not all that big on the gender roles and am not an "I'm home where's my slippers/dinner/brandy" guy by a long shot, so it's uber-sarcastic), but it was still one of our most memorable moments from that trip.

slappy magoo

Would any of you switch to the dinner there instead of breakfast if you had the option?
Here's the thing - regardless of the meal, I don't think the food at Akershus is all that great.

There aren't a lot of breakfast options in Epcot at all.

There are a lot of dinner options in Epcot.

I'd chalk up breakfast as a great way to get into Epcot early (assuming you can score a pre-opening reservation), get breakfast and not waste a FP on the Frozen attraction by being able to finish eating and get on line before it's a ridiculous length. And then try one of the other World Showcase dining options for dinner.

DiSnEyF@n

Here's the thing - regardless of the meal, I don't think the food at Akershus is all that great.

There aren't a lot of breakfast options in Epcot at all.

There are a lot of dinner options in Epcot.

I'd chalk up breakfast as a great way to get into Epcot early (assuming you can score a pre-opening reservation), get breakfast and not waste a FP on the Frozen attraction by being able to finish eating and get on line before it's a ridiculous length. And then try one of the other World Showcase dining options for dinner.
My current ADR is for 9:20am - not going to get in the park early.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I can't begin to count the number of times we have done Akershus. Since our 13 year old daughter was 2 we have been going on most trips to the World. The character interaction is great. The food is decent (potato casserole is a highlight), but the main draw is obviously the princesses. We tend to book the latest possible breakfast time - we eat a snack before rope drop, try to get in almost all the attractions in Future World (or close to it) and then have a late breakfast/early lunch huge meal at Akershus. It means we only really need two meals in the day.

kverdon

We used to do Alershus about once a trip. We have followed it throughout it's various iterations. It is always fun to get a picture of my wife with all the princesses and I must say they do a great job making the rounds. We love the cold buffet but feel the hot food quality for dinner has been slipping to the point we will be skipping it for our next trip in January. Just too expensive for the quality and there are too many other options. Now if they offered a cold buffer only option it might be another story.

Kevin and Mona

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom