AK Touring Plan Xmas Week

JillC LI

I've been thinking about strategies for touring WDW during Xmas week. At AK we want to try FOP, Navi, and ROL for the first time. Our family also loves E:E, Safari, and Dinosaur. So I was thinking that we could go before rope drop, go straight to Navi and ride without a FP+, go straight to Dinosaur and ride without a FP+, and then use FP+s for E:E, Safari, and FOP. Then we could book a dinner package to ensure seating at ROL. Is that a realistic plan for that week despite the crowds?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I've been thinking about strategies for touring WDW during Xmas week. At AK we want to try FOP, Navi, and ROL for the first time. Our family also loves E:E, Safari, and Dinosaur. So I was thinking that we could go before rope drop, go straight to Navi and ride without a FP+, go straight to Dinosaur and ride without a FP+, and then use FP+s for E:E, Safari, and FOP. Then we could book a dinner package to ensure seating at ROL. Is that a realistic plan for that week despite the crowds?

I will address FOP. Unless your day to go to AKL is at the end of a long trip, I think you will have difficulty getting a FP+ for FOP for the fact that everyone else that has their 60day window (plus up to an additional 10 days) before you and is already grabbing a FOP FP.
My suggestion, based on just going through this in July, is head straight to FOP at rope drop. Most likely the line will be wrapped down the Pandora path going to Africa and looped back (and the wait time be listed at 180min) but the line moved really fast for us. We were in line and done with the ride in about 70 or 80 minutes. We did it again but at night, around 8pm, thinking it would move fast again and the line was very slow, with all switch backs open and the line did take the posted 140 min.

We will be back Christmas week, too :)

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
If you're looking for an ROL dining package then you'd better start looking now! Availability is very scarce already. Be prepared to be flexible.

Haven't been to AK since Pandora, but your plan sounds reasonable. What day of your stay is AK going to be? Ideally to get FoP it would be day 4 at least, the later the better. This is assuming you're staying onsite.

Upvote 0

Herdman

Yes, I'm hearing it's hard to get a FoP FP at your 60 day mark until the +4th day at the earliest. We are going in May 2018, and I'm planning our AK day on the 5th day of our week long trip in hopes of getting a FP when our 60 day mark hits. I'm hoping the FoP mania will have died down a little by then, but just in case it hasn't...

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Original Poster
I will address FOP. Unless your day to go to AKL is at the end of a long trip, I think you will have difficulty getting a FP+ for FOP for the fact that everyone else that has their 60day window (plus up to an additional 10 days) before you and is already grabbing a FOP FP.
My suggestion, based on just going through this in July, is head straight to FOP at rope drop. Most likely the line will be wrapped down the Pandora path going to Africa and looped back (and the wait time be listed at 180min) but the line moved really fast for us. We were in line and done with the ride in about 70 or 80 minutes. We did it again but at night, around 8pm, thinking it would move fast again and the line was very slow, with all switch backs open and the line did take the posted 140 min:)

This is really good to know. Thank you.

If you're looking for an ROL dining package then you'd better start looking now! Availability is very scarce already. Be prepared to be flexible.

Haven't been to AK since Pandora, but your plan sounds reasonable. What day of your stay is AK going to be? Ideally to get FoP it would be day 4 at least, the later the better. This is assuming you're staying onsite.

I'm thinking about this trip for 2018 so it's too soon to book meals but yes of course I would book them at the 180 day Mark. I will keep in mind shooting for our AK day to be on day 4 of our trip. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom