Airshows over Epcot

Myron

Original Poster
Does anybody remember a daytime air show over Epcot? I think it was held in the summer of 1986 but it could have been in 1991. I think it was called "Kaleidoscope in the Sky" but I'm not sure. Each bi-plane left a trail with a different color smoke. It was very exciting but was soon discontinued.

Nemo14

Myron said:
Does anybody remember a daytime air show over Epcot? I think it was held in the summer of 1986 but it could have been in 1991. I think it was called "Kaleidoscope in the Sky" but I'm not sure. Each bi-plane left a trail with a different color smoke. It was very exciting but was soon discontinued.
I think it was "Surprise in the Skies" if it's what I'm thinking of.

HoW

I stretching my memory back a bit... But, I remember a show where the planes (with propellers in the rear of the craft) with different streams of smoke were the good guys, and the villains were the boats that kind of looked like monsters/dragons. I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but I can see the show very clearly.

HoW

Did a little digging, found this(http://www.startedbyamouse.com/archives/WDWanniversary.shtml):

Over at EPCOT Center (as it was still being called at that time, before being changed to Epcot), a new daytime show, Skyleidoscope, was performed in and over the World Showcase Lagoon. This show used boats, kites, and daytime fireworks. Some of the boats were made to resemble dragons; the plot as I remember it was that the bad guys, i.e. the dragon boats and others, were trying to take the color from the skies. But then the color returned with the kites and the daytime fireworks, which had colored smoke.

Plus this picture:

Attachments

• Skyleidoscope Dragon Boat.jpg
    Skyleidoscope Dragon Boat.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 94

vonpluto

Timeline for the EPCOT lagoon shows:
•Skylaidescope 1985 - 1988
•Surprise in the Skies 1991 - 1994

There was another aerial show called the "EPCOT Stunt Kite Spectacular",
but I don't have any particulars.

Frank

Anastaciabae

My dad was in that Kaleidoscope in the Sky show at Disney. It was a Skyleidoscope air and water show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom