Airport Shuttle Options?

darthspielberg

Original Poster
In May, I am starting the Disney College Program. My travel plans are looking like I'll fly in a day early, because it's simply more convenient for me to be there in advance of my check in time the next day. One of my options for my night before check in would be to stay at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista, which is right near Vista Way. Looking at Mears taxi fare, it would cost a significant amount to get from the airport to the Holiday Inn, to the point where I am considering staying at a Disney Value Resort just to use Magical Express transportation.

Is there a cheaper option to get from the airport to that hotel or close to it?

HollyAD

I would just stay at a value for the sole purpose of the DME. It would be a great welcome and would probably even out in cost. The airport is pretty far away so private transportation is a little pricey.

PhilharMagician

Where do you have to go to check in for the CP?

How do you plan on getting transportation to your CP check-in?

Does the Holiday Inn offer any transportation options?

darthspielberg

Original Poster
Check in is at Vista Way Housing. If I were staying at the Holiday Inn it is across the street from Vista Way. If I were at Disney, it's about a five min. cab ride.

Holiday Inn's only transport options that I can find are shuttles to the theme parks.

PhilharMagician

From the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista:

Q. What options do I have for transportation?

A. Complimentary transportation is provided to Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot every half hour. Complimentary transportation is also provided to Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach. Transportation is available to the Orlando International Airport and other points of interest through our exclusive transportation partner, STAR Transportation. For pricing and availability, please contact our Bell Services.

I would recommend calling them to see what they can offer you as far as airport transportation. I never hurts to ask.

darthspielberg

Original Poster
I ended up calling them and while they were friendly and helpful, they weren't as close to the location as I was informed. They suggested Mears, which is where I had been looking before, and while I could probably arrange an affordable shuttle, I'd still have to take a cab the following day.

So I booked a room at Pop Century for the 18th of May and arranged for Magical Express transport. with a current spring savings offer, I even saved money.

thanks for the suggestions and the help, especially your looking into the Holiday Inn FAQs, PhilharMagician.

Rob562

It seems like you've decided your course of action, but for future reference, a Mears shared-ride shuttle from the airport to the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels is $22 one-way ($36 round-trip). It'll stop at a few hotels along the way, but it's economical.

The much higher prices you were getting were probably quotes for a private taxi ride that would be just you going directly from airport to hotel.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom