Airport layover change

jcldtrek

So the loving airlines changed the flight times for the departing flight out of my originating airport for the third time in 2 months. Now we only have a 40 min layover in Atlanta. I'm traveling with my mother who's handicap.i seriously have doubts that we will make the connection flight to Orlando. Been checking the flights and the flight arriving always goes to the d terminal And the departing Orlando leaves either from b or a. I don't know if I should risk the layover time or call Disney Travel and see if there's anything that can be done. I hate connecting flights lol. Been to Atlanta only once and it's a big airport Any suggestions ? Would appreciate the help.

JasonDeyoung

You can arrange a cart for transportation plus Atlanta has a tram that connects the terminals. I usually have 30-40 mins between flights and make it I problem. Set up a transportation cart to meet at the gate if she gastrointestinal and you should be able to make it with time

Upvote 0

jcldtrek

Original Poster
Yeah we got wheelchair assistance between the gates, she has bad legs and can barely walk. Originally we had a 2 hr layover. Delta always likes changing the flight times for this flight. 2 yrs ago they did the same thing and ended up messing the flights up and we had to go to Detroit to get to Orlando . I'm hoping we get in early to Atlanta , that'll help too. Thanks

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Make sure you're familiar with the boarding procedures (and specifically, what time boarding closes) for your second flight. You want to know if you have sufficient time to get there before boarding closes, and not simply before the departure time...

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Wear your running shoes and hope you do not have to go from "A" concourse to "E" Concourse. We had to do it once with about 20 minutes until out flight left and ended up running the pedestrian walkways and beat the train by quite a bit.

Do you have assigned seats? If you do then make sure you check to make sure that you did not get random seats or seats rather than where you can sit like an exit row when you have children. I have run into this many times when the airlines change flights. If you have assigned seats then either check your reservation online of contact your travel agent.

If you do not have assigned seats and you use Southwest then be prepared that boarding may be in process by the time you reach the gate and the possibility of having to split up your party on the plane may happen. Most times in this case other passengers will adjust their locations to help out a family traveling with little ones.

Also make note to one of the stewardesses on the plane specially if you are arriving late for your connection. They can make contact with the tower and report the delay and let the crew for your connecting flight know that you are coming.

No need to panic. It will all work out. Just have a plan and be ready to hurry if needed. 40 minutes should be plenty of time, even in Atlanta.

Upvote 0

jcldtrek

Original Poster
Thanks , it's Delta I believe they close the doors 15 min prior to departure. I'll run like crazy. Thankfully they'll be pushing my mother lol. Hopefully the flight can get in early. That will def help

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I think if they know they have someone needing assistance getting to the flight, they will wait. I know Delta has also waited when a plane arriving late had a bunch of passengers trying to connect to that flight. They're usually pretty good about that kind of stuff, especially since they are the ones making the changes.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I would try to change flights, we had a thirty minute layover in Atlanta with my Dad who is handicapped, we had all the handicapped arrangements made, but the issue is they take the handicap people off the plane last, it took them like ten minutes to get my Dad and another lady on the flights wheel chairs to the gate. the only reason we made it on the plane is that I left everyone else behind and me and the other lady's son ran at break neck speed to the gate of the second plane and told them there were two handicap passengers and the rest of our parties on the way and the flight attendant held the plane.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Delta is the airline that made us run from one end to the other :mad:. It was only once and I have flown through Atlanta dozens of times without ant issues. Here is a map of Atlanta/Hartsfield. Good luck

image.img.20131213T144212967Z.png

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom