Airfare is insane right now

popcenturylover

Booked a non-stop flight(SW) from Pittsburgh to Orlando in September for 3 people roundtrip for $665:) Early morning flight(6:30a.m) is only downside. We are so excited, can't wait!

chrissyw14

Im really disappointed i should've booked like a month ago its now $270 from philly to orlando rather than $250 good news is we get in early our first day, would you take a 6pm flight out of orlando or 2:30? i cant decide!

DisneyRunner

Anxiety won out, so I booked all the remaining airfare for the upcoming trips, July and September, earlier this week. The flights are Airtran out of Milwaukee, nonstop morning on the way out and nonstop evening returning. I was looking at multiple site everyday, hoping for the "one day super sale price." It wasn't showing up. The super sale price was looking to be around $155, instead of the $74 or $89 that I was accustomed too. So, I jumped in after seeing a report on ABC Evening News about airfare sky rocketing. This perfect storm of gas prices on the rise, airlines cutting back and this report spawned the move.

flynnibus

Premium Member
at these sub $200 prices.. you all are still getting basement prices. When your base airfare is $500-$1500/head.. that's when it's expensive :)

captainkidd

Original Poster
Im really disappointed i should've booked like a month ago its now $270 from philly to orlando rather than $250 good news is we get in early our first day, would you take a 6pm flight out of orlando or 2:30? i cant decide!

Depends how long you're going for. If you'll be there for at least a week, I'd take the earlier flight out.

ann0d

This morning I just booked Frontier airline for the four of in October came to 956.60 I think it was. No bad for a direct flight. Could be because they just started flying out of this airport, but I was happy with the price. That also includes 2 bags one carry on and one personal item, and one free change. Of course we won't need all that luggage, but I like the way they do their pricing. Last night fares were higher by about 40 dollars per person.

Chrissy check Allentown. We are kind of in between Allentown, Philadelphia, Harrisburg and we also have Reading and Lancaster nearby.

Jimmy Thick

Check your flight dates if possible. Leave on a Tuesday or Wednsday, you'll see a dramatic reduction in prices.

Jimmy Thick-Southwest 98 bucks from Chicago on some flights...

ann0d

I just got my airfare even cheaper this morning, because Frontier gives you 24 to cancel for free I checked AND I found a code COW (for 10% off right now) I got our tickets for 869 instead of 956 :sohappy:

chrissyw14

I ended up going with the 2:30, we are getting in early aug 20, around 11:30 and plan on going to the parks that day, we will have 6 days in the parks and the 2:30 gives us enough time to relax and still get home (we have about an hour and half to drive once we get into philly) we thought about it and said we wouldnt do much more even if we took the 6pm out haha.

Chrissy check Allentown. We are kind of in between Allentown, Philadelphia, Harrisburg and we also have Reading and Lancaster nearby.

thanks for the suggestion, I checked still cheaper out of Philly

I've even considered going out of DC 3 hours from my house, I was thinking if my mom and sister went with us and we sstayed for like a day doing the free museums and then they could stay longer it would be worth it but its only like $30 less expensive

Check your flight dates if possible. Leave on a Tuesday or Wednsday, you'll see a dramatic reduction in prices.

Jimmy Thick-Southwest 98 bucks from Chicago on some flights...

I did that, leaving on a monday, but there still wasn't much of a difference.

maroney4

just found this site and first time to post....I agree with this. We have been going first part of November last couple of years..Last year tickets were about $275 each...now same flights are $530 each!! May be driving the 14 hours instead this year.

NeverEnufDisney

I've been fairly lucky as we have 5 regional airports within an hour or so of home. This has allowed me to shop around and find cheaper flights from upstate New York. It has gone up from about $200 to 263 which I booked last night. Don't blame just fuel prices for higher fares. In order to stay profitable airlines have pared down the number of available seats so that the planes are packed. Check often and book when you see an acceptable fare.

tchauvin

We just booked through Jetblue and our trip isnt for another 5 months as we noticed that prices are going up drastically and didnt want to pay outrageous cost to fly

ddbowdoin

I thought paying 289 pp from Logan for July was a lot.. I signed up for Yapta and my weekly price update shows my flight at 357 now. Insane... last year my dad was getting one ways to MCO for 109.

yensid67

IF you have Air Tran Airlines available in your area/airport...do a search for your home airport to MCO(Orlando International Airport) on EXPEDIA. I have found a price from Baltimore/Washington to MCO, Hotel and Rental Car, with Vacation Waiver and Liability Insurance for $1100.00 for 2 adults!

JAG107

We waited too long to book our flight from LA to MCO for our Nov trip. United went from $311 rt to $509 OVERNIGHT one day this week. :eek::cry:
Now we are looking at Frontier which is still around $310 rt, but they haven't released the return date yet 11/18. Currently they only book thru 11/14, and I can't find anywhere when they will release the future dates. Very frustrating! Seems like they are the last decent fare from California, which probably won't last long.

NeedDisneyNow

We normally fly in and out of Buffalo, but yes our flights were WAY higher than normal for both August and September. Like over $600 roundtrip for one person. So I checked Pittsburgh and flights are pretty cheap for nowadays and I snagged them. $114 each way, plus the free baggage, SWA.

MainStreetMama

Same here....we will be driving the 1200 miles...UGH:cry:....unless the airfares come down to earth before our August departure. I just checked Southwest today...always the cheapest for us, and the fares are ridiculous. We flew to Disney this past October, and we paid $99 each way for non-stop flights. How many of you out there are hitting the road to escape this madness ?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't think it's so much airfare is redicous but the insanely cheap airfare some of you are used to simply isn't offered anymore.

My biz flights are up in cost but not by huge amounts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom