Agent Carter

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Oh, man, this was so good. 1940s aesthetic, Peggy kicking all kinds of butt, intrigue, fussy English butler Jarvis... Great stuff!

Sped2424

AMAZING loved the whole episode SOOOOO much. Agent carter don't mess around. It's actually so great that I love it more than shield at this point. And that's with 2 seasons of shield (even though I still love shield) but carter is just a much more cohesive romp.

SAV

I loved the Cap highlights in the beginning which set the stage for how Peggy would be feeling and why she was feeling that way. They injected comedy in to lighten the mood a little bit(Woman problems, trying to get into the desk drawer, etc). There were some intense parts, some cringe worthy parts(The way the villain interrogated people with the knife in the hand, shooting everyone in the room, etc). The "spy tech" from the 40's with the typewriter and razor & the lipstick. The walkie talkie being used(since ear buds weren't around) and that getting her in trouble.

Her American accent was awesome. Totally showed how she is just above everyone in the SSR, but not respected for it...yet.

Jarvis was a great partner and sounding board for her. Like she was for Cap.

The sneak peak for upcoming episodes looks intense. And it looks like we'll get to see the guys from Cap's crew that he rescued.

SAV

Man, last nights episode was great. Peggy kicking a$$, the Howling Commando's, Dottie and the Black Widow training background, Peggy finally becoming respected and "one of the boys". And the little girl Black Widow...WOW. She was fantastic. She looked like a natural at everything they had her do.

And it all looks like it explodes again next episode! Can't wait!!

Sped2424

BLACK BLACK BLACK WIDOw bABBYYYY. Jokes aside I am so amazed at the prospect of the red room and everything that comes with that. It's a shame agent carter isn't doing hot in the ratings at the moment.

216bruce

While I'm enjoying the heck out of the show, it's a notch below AoS. Love the look, era and feel of it but the storyline so far hasn't been a WOW. Nothing has happened yet that's just blown me away. Maybe the finale will, but it's been an enjoyable series.
Maybe it just needs a superhero intervention or a big cameo or an unexpected turn.

doctornick

I've rather enjoyed Agent Carter in particular that it is a limited series with a clear path it is taking. I'm curious if it return next year -- I'd be fine with it coming back, but I'd prefer them jumping forward and doing something based in the 60's (?) with a young Hank Pym involved with SHIELD. It strikes me that this mid-season AoS break is the perfect opportunity for some great universe building for the MCU.

216bruce

That'd be a great development. Marvel just does such a tremendous job of tying all of these properties together. That's so much of the appeal for me. And, it really could use a GREAT final night. If they just 'get the bad guys and make things right' won't cut it- it needs something more.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Actually, I wouldn't mind a mini-series with Marvel's Western characters, like the Rawhide Kid. Would be an excellent way to introduce Kang or any of the other time-travel villains in Marvel, most of whom are also somehow Kang (comics, everybody!).

216bruce

Actually, I wouldn't mind a mini-series with Marvel's Western characters, like the Rawhide Kid. Would be an excellent way to introduce Kang or any of the other time-travel villains in Marvel, most of whom are also somehow Kang (comics, everybody!).
Yeah, there's a LOT of obscure Marvel books that would be great mini-series or films. Howzabout a Nick Fury and his howling commandos WWII era series? Namor movie? Luke Cage? Iron Fist?

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Yeah, there's a LOT of obscure Marvel books that would be great mini-series or films. Howzabout a Nick Fury and his howling commandos WWII era series? Namor movie? Luke Cage? Iron Fist?

Luke Cage and Iron Fist are coming to Netflix. No Namor movie anytime soon, as Universal has the rights and is content to sit on them. Also, DC is making a Namor movie. Proof.

ScreenHunter_265%2BFeb.%2B20%2B12.57.jpg

Namor34.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom