Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
My mom got us reservations for this on one of our MK days. I'm curious as to how long it is and if it is at noon, what time should we leave MK to head over there. Is it fun? It will be my Mom, myself, my 7 year old daughter and our close friend who is going with us. How is the food?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
If going from MK, allow at least 30-40 minutes to get to the GF via the monorail. The tea can be as short as you want (less than an hour), or you can take your time like we do. We are typically there about 2 hours, but we take our time and relax. Food has always been excellent. Remember that if you don't like some of the adult sandwiches, they will sub the sandwiches from the children's menu for you. Have fun!

DizneyPryncess

The afternoon tea is one of my favorite things. My mom and I went a few years ago, and we have a reservation for the fall again. My daughter will be 4, and is going to be joining us. She loves tea parties, so we're all excited to go back! I think it is available from 2-5 PM. We scheduled ours for 2 PM so it would still be lunch. We loved the food - the strawberries & cream were delicious! I was pregnant at the time so the chef made all my little sandwiches without soft cheeses. Everyone was so nice, I can't say enough about it. Have a great time, it's worth the visit! :)

Sans Souci

I love the Afternoon Tea! I have to do it every time we go.

It's a quiet refuge from the madness of the parks. I am a vegetarian and they have always accommodated me without batting an eyelash.

I have a 13 yo son and he always accompanies us when we go, he seems to like it. I think it is the pastries. :)

And wow, I just looked at the prices for the afternoon tea...yikes. They've really jacked it up, since I last went. :O

polynesiangirl

I love afternoon tea at the GF! I've done it 3 or 4 times but it's been a while. I even got my then-college-aged husband and a few other guy friends to go too, as well as my in laws. (To be clear, I am speaking of the basic afternoon tea, not the princess tea party they offer.) We always enjoyed ourselves there...I'd like to go back again someday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom