Advise on going with little ones to WDW Parks

MarianMacias

Original Poster
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I need some tips. My husband and I are taking our 7 year old nephew to WDW and our 8 month old daughter for the first time. Can you provide me with some tips please? Also, what can an 8 month old baby ride? I read somewhere that the babies can go on the Haunted Mansion, what other rides would be appropriate? Thanks.

Jeff2140

I have taken my daughter when she was 8 months, 1 year, and 1 and a half. First, get familiar with the baby care centers. Each park has one and its easier for changing babies and feeding if you want to do it somewhere more quiet. Infants can ride anything without a height requirement, which is actually quite a bit. Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Dumbo, Toy Story Mania, and more. Also, don't forget about rider swap. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/ Check this link out if you don't know what it is. This will also allow the 7 year old to ride the rides twice, which i am sure they will love. I would also say make sure you bring some kind of baby carrier/sling, as strollers are not allowed in lines. Only park your stroller in stroller parking areas or a Disney cast member may move it to a stroller parking area. Even if others are parking their stroller there. This may cause you to think it has been stolen when it was just moved. (We learned this the hard way). Hope this helps and you have a great trip!

MarianMacias

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply. But doesn't Dumbo requires a height? Since it goes up and down.

I have taken my daughter when she was 8 months, 1 year, and 1 and a half. First, get familiar with the baby care centers. Each park has one and its easier for changing babies and feeding if you want to do it somewhere more quiet. Infants can ride anything without a height requirement, which is actually quite a bit. Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Dumbo, Toy Story Mania, and more. Also, don't forget about rider swap. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/ Check this link out if you don't know what it is. This will also allow the 7 year old to ride the rides twice, which i am sure they will love. I would also say make sure you bring some kind of baby carrier/sling, as strollers are not allowed in lines. Only park your stroller in stroller parking areas or a Disney cast member may move it to a stroller parking area. Even if others are parking their stroller there. This may cause you to think it has been stolen when it was just moved. (We learned this the hard way). Hope this helps and you have a great trip!

Weather_Lady

Thank you for your reply. But doesn't Dumbo requires a height? Since it goes up and down.

Here's a list of all the attractions that don't have a height requirement, including Dumbo (although you'd have to use your best judgment on some of these -- Astro Orbiter with a baby? I don't think that would be prudent.) ;) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/#/any-height/ Dumbo is actually "recommended" on mommy blogs for babies and toddlers. CMs will require you to hold your little one and keep them on the "inside" of the vehicle, on the side of the ride vehicle opposite where you step in, like so (image borrowed online) -
IMG_1821.jpg

Disney World is great with kids especially babies. I went when my son was 4 months old and it was super easy. Use the baby care centers to your advantage. Also as mentioned earlier anything that doesn't have a height requirement a baby should be able to go on. I wish we could post outside links on here cause I've written a blog article on Disney World with babies, but I can't post it on here. I hope you enjoy your trip. You will have a great time.

MarianMacias

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the information, I read the ryder switch information that you provided and I will look into it a little more. We are going in a month so lets see what we can figure out and how we do things. Again, thank you for the link you provided, it was very helpful.

MarianMacias

Original Poster
Disney World is great with kids especially babies. I went when my son was 4 months old and it was super easy. Use the baby care centers to your advantage. Also as mentioned earlier anything that doesn't have a height requirement a baby should be able to go on. I wish we could post outside links on here cause I've written a blog article on Disney World with babies, but I can't post it on here. I hope you enjoy your trip. You will have a great time.
Thank you so much for the information

MarianMacias

Original Poster
Here's a list of all the attractions that don't have a height requirement, including Dumbo (although you'd have to use your best judgment on some of these -- Astro Orbiter with a baby? I don't think that would be prudent.) ;) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/#/any-height/ Dumbo is actually "recommended" on mommy blogs for babies and toddlers. CMs will require you to hold your little one and keep them on the "inside" of the vehicle, on the side of the ride vehicle opposite where you step in, like so (image borrowed online) -
IMG_1821.jpg
Thank you so much, I am glad we can go on some rides as a family, the 4 of us, that makes me happy. That was exactly what I wanted, just go on some rides all together. I will get the switch pass on some of the rides, like the roller coasters etc. My nephew is the lucky one, he can ride twice hehe! Thanks so much.

popcenturylover

Definitely, bring your own stroller. If you're a resort guest & riding the buses you want to make sure it's lightweight & easy to fold. We brought our youngest with us to WDW when she was 8 months old & we were able to ride alot! Just go at their pace. We were lucky that she slept well in her stroller & didn't need to take nap breaks at our resort.

MarianMacias

Original Poster
Definitely, bring your own stroller. If you're a resort guest & riding the buses you want to make sure it's lightweight & easy to fold. We brought our youngest with us to WDW when she was 8 months old & we were able to ride alot! Just go at their pace. We were lucky that she slept well in her stroller & didn't need to take nap breaks at our resort.
Thank you! We are actually going in our car, we won't be taking buses because we live in Miami. So it will only be a 4 hour ride. But, yes, definetely taking our own stroller would be better.

buseegal

remember that getting to MK involves taking either the monorail or the ferry even with driving. it is not possible to park car and walk to front gate or take a tram. even with your car at other parks you will need to take tram to get to gate, be ready to fold stroller or walk from car.

MarianMacias

Original Poster
remember that getting to MK involves taking either the monorail or the ferry even with driving. it is not possible to park car and walk to front gate or take a tram. even with your car at other parks you will need to take tram to get to gate, be ready to fold stroller or walk from car.
You are very right! I have not been to Disney in years. The hotel we booked will provide free park shuttle, so we are driving in our car to Orlando but will be using the shuttle to the parks. I will have to fold the stroller, there is no other option, I think that taking a baby carrier would be a good option too, and then we can always use the stroller if she wants to take naps. Are baby carrier useful in the parks? Thank you

MarianMacias

Original Poster
Sorry everybody for all the questions, it is the first time I go to disney with kids, my daughter is only 7 months, we suddenly had to move the trip to the 20th of this month, so it is only 2 weeks away and I am honestly freaking out. I know my nephew is easier to handle since he is 7 but a baby uff, not so much! I am excited though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom