Advice on specific requests

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
Ok so we bought into DVC in July and we are taking full advantage of the perks! We stayed at WLV in October for F&W and already have 3 resorts booked for next year!!! The catch is that it is all in one trip! We will be arriving June 6th for one night at AKLV Jambo house studio villa savanna view (I had read a couple of different places that Jambo house was nice because of the main lobby not to mention we will be dining at Sanaa so we will at least get to check out Kidani) then we will be at GFV two bedroom standard view from June 7-12 with 7 family members and we will stay at BLT studio theme park view on the 12th. My question is this, are there any requests that you guys would suggest we make? For instance I requested a higher floor and golf course/monorail view a GFV, any suggestions on requests for AKL or BLT? Anything else I should consider at VGF? Just curious what your thoughts are. We are trying to get the most bang for our buck and even though requests are not guaranteed, I'm a firm believer that you might as well ask because the the worst that they can say is no. LoL thank you in advance for your response.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ok so we bought into DVC in July and we are taking full advantage of the perks! We stayed at WLV in October for F&W and already have 3 resorts booked for next year!!! The catch is that it is all in one trip! We will be arriving June 6th for one night at AKLV Jambo house studio villa savanna view (I had read a couple of different places that Jambo house was nice because of the main lobby not to mention we will be dining at Sanaa so we will at least get to check out Kidani) then we will be at GFV two bedroom standard view from June 7-12 with 7 family members and we will stay at BLT studio theme park view on the 12th. My question is this, are there any requests that you guys would suggest we make? For instance I requested a higher floor and golf course/monorail view a GFV, any suggestions on requests for AKL or BLT? Anything else I should consider at VGF? Just curious what your thoughts are. We are trying to get the most bang for our buck and even though requests are not guaranteed, I'm a firm believer that you might as well ask because the the worst that they can say is no. LoL thank you in advance for your response.
Request a high floor at BLT. The theme park view rooms have great views of MK, but they are in the middle of the tower directly over the parking lot. If you are on a low floor it's a little less private on the balcony since people are coming and going all day. We got stuck on the 3rd floor when we had a MK view room.

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
Request a high floor at BLT. The theme park view rooms have great views of MK, but they are in the middle of the tower directly over the parking lot. If you are on a low floor it's a little less private on the balcony since people are coming and going all day. We got stuck on the 3rd floor when we had a MK view room.

Awesome! Thank you for your advice. I'll call member services and put in my request. Did you take advantage of 'Top of the World'? If so did you watch fireworks from there? What about from your room? We have watched from the viewing deck at California Grill and it was a nice way to enjoy the show. Also overall how was your experience at BLT?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Awesome! Thank you for your advice. I'll call member services and put in my request. Did you take advantage of 'Top of the World'? If so did you watch fireworks from there? What about from your room? We have watched from the viewing deck at California Grill and it was a nice way to enjoy the show. Also overall how was your experience at BLT?
With a MK view room you can watch right from your room. They even have a channel that plays the sound from Main Street on your TV. It was pretty cool to be on your balcony with a beer or beverage of your choice relaxing.

Last fall we had a lake view room so we watched one night from top of the world. They also play the music. There is a large outdoor patio with plenty of room. The lounge itself is a nice place to grab a drink. Very limited food menu.

BLT itself is great. Location is probably the biggest plus. It's actually a very short walk from MK to BLT so no need for waiting in lines. We loved going to bed with the lit up castle outside the window and waking up to the first monorails passing by. The pool area is nice, but not huge. Being that close to the other monorail resorts and Wilderness Lodge opens up lots of good dining options. Contempo Cafe at CR is a pretty good quick service and was open late every night. There is a sky bridge on the 5th floor of BLT that connects to the CR concourse.

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
We can't wait!!! We will probably watch from our room the night we stay there and I think my wife, her cousin, and myself will do some form of a Magic Kingdom Crawl one night over the course of the vacation. I figure that will be our excuse to check them both out during Wishes. Any suggestions on what time we should get to TOTWL in order to beat the crowd for the fireworks? I'd like to have some time without a ton of people to soak up the exclusive atmosphere that the lounge has to offer. A Disney Bucket List item if you will.

We did walk from the Contemporary one morning when we took a cab for park opening. It wasn't bad at all. We will have an early ADR our last morning in order to have Main Street and the Hub to ourselves for 20 mins or so and I figure we will be walking over. We have also walked from MK to Contemporary for dinner. I assume that if going to BLT the walk is significantly quicker than the monorail. What if you are headed to the main building for dinner or a round at The Outer Rim? Is the monorail a decent option?

BTW I called and requested the highest floor available at BLT today, crossing my fingers until June.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The times I have been there, TOTWL wasn't particularly crowded. You do want to get there a little early though just in case. The lounge is small, but it's a good place to grab a few drinks and unwind before wishes starts. I don't think the lounge opens before 5 or 6pm. We did go up there around 7pm one evening and had the place completely to ourselves. Just us and the bartender. It starts filling up closer to the time of Wishes.

The walk from BLT to MK is slightly shorter than the walk from CR to MK. The path from MK to CR passes pretty much right in front of BLT. We still rode the monorail a few times to MK too just because it's the monorail and it's fun. If you are leaving MK at close and there are crowds of people heading up the monorail ramp it's especially nice to just take the quick 10 minute walk to BLT. The skybridge which connects BLT to CR brings you over to the main concourse of CR and the monorail station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom