Advice on June/July travel 2016

Durkoefc

Help!
We need advice on travel between 23 June to 9July 2016. Previous visits have been in late July, late August, October and December 15th-31st. Is it really that busy around the 4th July in comparison to December and late July/Aug. should we expect our first week from 23 June to be the quiet before the storm?
Which park would you suggest to visit on 3/4 July?
Also lots of changes goin on at the minute, when is work at Disney Springs due to be completed?
Many thanks
Chris

Durkoefc

Original Poster
Thanks Captain!
I presume you would have to get to the parks at rope drop or as near as to guarantee entry?
Would you you know if the lead up and post 4th July is still insanely busy or just really busy?
Thanks again

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Thanks Captain!
I presume you would have to get to the parks at rope drop or as near as to guarantee entry?
Would you you know if the lead up and post 4th July is still insanely busy or just really busy?
Thanks again
We did New Years Eve in 08 and went to EPCOT. The monorail went by the MK car park ticket booths around 1030 - the lines were insane. They closed the parks around lunchtime.
I can only imagine that July 4th will be similar. Additionally, if it falls on a weekend there is potential for even greater crowds. If you've made your mind up then book everything as soon as you can (ADRs at 180 and FP at 60). Resort guests are always the last to be turned away during Disney's 4 part closing strategy, so it pays to invest in a WDW Resort.
I'd get to the parks by 10am at the latest to ensure entry, much earlier if you want to hit some rides

Upvote 0

Durkoefc

Original Poster
We did New Years Eve in 08 and went to EPCOT. The monorail went by the MK car park ticket booths around 1030 - the lines were insane. They closed the parks around lunchtime.
I can only imagine that July 4th will be similar. Additionally, if it falls on a weekend there is potential for even greater crowds. If you've made your mind up then book everything as soon as you can (ADRs at 180 and FP at 60). Resort guests are always the last to be turned away during Disney's 4 part closing strategy, so it pays to invest in a WDW Resort.
I'd get to the parks by 10am at the latest to ensure entry, much earlier if you want to hit some rides

Thanks for the advice it's really helpful.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom