Advice on infant nap schedule and parks

kennedy

Original Poster
Later this month, we will be traveling to WDW with our seven month-old son. (no other kids). I'm trying to think how we will do the parks while working around his nap schedule and am curious to get advice from other parents who have travelled with infants of a similar age. He currently naps around 9am and 2pm. I know some of this will have to be planned on the fly, but I thought I might have a game plan in mind... Do we wake up early, go to the parks, let him sleep in the stroller for a morning nap and then come back to the hotel for a nap in the later afternoon? Stay at the hotel until after he wakes up from his morning nap (around 10:30), then go to the parks and let him sleep in his stroller for an afternoon nap? Go to the parks early, try to keep him awake until we go back to the hotel for a mid-afternoon nap, then head back out to the parks for the late afternoon/early evening?

Any suggestions/thoughts/personal experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

mouselvrmom

We took our youngest when she was 11 months old. Since we had other children with us, we just let her nap in the stroller. She actually did really well. We had a nice blanket for her and she would just curl up when she was ready and sleep right there.

I think if we had been travelling with just her, we would have headed out to the parks early, let her take an am nap in the stroller and then headed back to the room for a break in the afternoon. That way you're in the park when it is relatively slower and when the crowds starts to pick up, you can head back for a break.

figment3258

We don't really have a schedule for nap times. We Just go through the parks and when we feel like it we go back to the hotel. They girls will fall asleep in the stroller if they are tired. All nap times go out the door when we go to Disney

KC82271

Kennedy --

I traveled with my 10 month old daughter and she napped in the stroller for some and even on rides for the others. The best in the Kingdom was the train ride. It relaxed her so she would go to sleep, and we rode it for about 45 minutes to make sure she was sound. Got off, put her in the stroller and we were good to go. She would sleep through anything, so we could carry her (in a Snugli) into shows and she would sleep. If your son is an good sleeper, try it.

Other times, we went back to the hotel, she would fall asleep on the bus and we would put her in the stroller and we would end up just sitting by the pool while she slept. So it was kind of senseless to go back when we could have just sat somewhere in the park and relaxed.

Anyway, we go back 3 weeks from today and she will be 29 months old. Naps are hard to come by, but still needed. I am struggling with how she is going to be this time. If only I could turn back the clock to 10 months!

Enjoy! Make sure to take lots of picts and videos. My daughter cherises all the pictures (looks at them 2 times a day) and knows what she wants to go on next month!

tigsmom

We always let the kids set the pace. Up early, eat and to the parks. Naps in the stroller during the morning, but we always took a break around lunch back at the hotel. Then it was back to the parks for the late afternoon/evening. You could probably have a quiet meal while your little one sleeps off dinner too.

You won't get as much done as when you visited without kids, but thats ok because it just gives you an excuse to plan another trip.

coltow

When DS was younger we let him sleep in the stroller. We found some nice cool quiet places for him to fall asleep, like the baby centers. He did fall asleep while on a few rides and the TTA is a perfect ride for a quick nap, they will let you stay on while the baby is asleep which is very nice.

I'm a firm believer in the "get up and go" plan. Especially if he is able to sleep in the stroller.

kymie

All mine slept in the strollers on the go, but it depends how yours likes to sleep. Just one bit of advice, dont skip naps or try to keep them up for a bit longer, they will probably be more tired than usual so its not a good idea to make em wait! Mine have been known to be a bit grumpy if tired!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom