Advice on being 90 days post op bariatric surgery.

MattnMissouri

Original Poster
Hello. Both my wife and I had the gastric sleeve surgery at the beginning of Feb. was curious if anyone had experienced Disney 90 days post op and if the table service restaurants would accommodate your dining needs, i.e., sharing one adult meal or buying two kid meals as adults? We normally spend quite a bit on food with our TIW card but know this trip will be very different. Also, we will be skipping most buffets do to their lack of cost effectiveness. Thanks in advance.

piglet1

We've shared meals on occasion at both table service and counter service meals, and have always been accommodated. How graciously and how easily has been varied, I have to say. Best share was The Paddock Grill at SS, where we split a bacon cheeseburger and fries, and we were not only given the meal already split onto two plates with half a burger and half the fries on each plate, but the cook actually laid the bacon out so we each got one full slice.

Then we were surprised at Olivia's, where the server seemed really grumpy when we asked to split a meal, and just brought out one plate of food, not even an extra plate for us to split it ourselves.

At table service restaurants I can understand more grief, since obviously the tip on the food will be much smaller, but what surprised us on this occasion was we had already ordered a couple of rounds of beer, while most diners were having water or soda

Anyway, it can be done.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Disney is great at accommodating special dietary needs just explain to your server about your situation and that you'll need to split meals or just order apps etc. Also mention if you need to eat lower fat or such. Just leave a little extra for your server if he/or she does it with an extra smile

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Disney is great with dietary needs! You should have recieved a card from your doctor in regards to having this procedure done. Make sure to bring that if anyone does give you a hard time. Congratulations! I happen to be 30 days out from having the same surgery!! I wish you the best of luck!

Hockey89

We've shared meals on occasion at both table service and counter service meals, and have always been accommodated. How graciously and how easily has been varied, I have to say. Best share was The Paddock Grill at SS, where we split a bacon cheeseburger and fries, and we were not only given the meal already split onto two plates with half a burger and half the fries on each plate, but the cook actually laid the bacon out so we each got one full slice.

Then we were surprised at Olivia's, where the server seemed really grumpy when we asked to split a meal, and just brought out one plate of food, not even an extra plate for us to split it ourselves.

At table service restaurants I can understand more grief, since obviously the tip on the food will be much smaller, but what surprised us on this occasion was we had already ordered a couple of rounds of beer, while most diners were having water or soda

Anyway, it can be done.
Your surprised the serve was grumpy? They expect two adults ordering food and getting tipped off that.... I wouldn't be either,,,,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom