[Advice needed] Nausea and headaches

Geekella

Original Poster
Never been to DW before and my first day there is in 11 days! Be still, my heart! I'm hardly breathing!

I LOVE theme park rides. But due to health issues new to me this year, I'm prone to nausea and headaches. Perfect year to choose to go to DW, right? Lol

I think I can handle rides with drops and just kind of normal stuff going on.

But can you warn me of any rides that will shake me a lot? Or are there any rides that you yourself are sensitive to with nausea or headaches?

I know I'm staying away from the teacups!!

Thanks so much for your help!

I'll definitely be bringing medicine, so don't worry. I just simply would like to be warned of rides that I may consider avoiding :)

JIMINYCR

Some guests have issues with the rolls of RnRC, the backwards moving of Expedition Everest, the spin of Mission Space ( but theres the less impact choice), the jostling of BTMRR and Space Mountain. Dinosaur shakes and jostles you round quite a bit too. You can view ride throughs of rides on youtube and get a better idea of what you will be encountering.

Herdman

I've never been on the Green version of Mission Space, but the Orange version is pretty intense. I would definitely avoid that. My wife can't handle the spinning rides either so she stays off the teacups also, but I can't recall anything else that she doesn't ride. Her nausea is not the result of a specific medical condition though. She usually takes Dramamine and does fine. Not sure if that is an option for you....

Rickster7

I am fine on teacups as long as my daughter doesn't spin it otherwise you are only going back and forth. I don't do the big coasters at Universal but I can do everything at WDW except the more intense side of Mission Space.

DisAl

Definitely stay off Dinosaur. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a lot more "intense" riding it than it looks watching it from outside the ride. Not bad so far as coasters go, but probably more than you would want to deal with.

cursivesailor

Only ride I ever needed to sit down afterwards was Mission Space. My dad had to run and go get me a juice because I was white as a ghost (and Im already one of the fairest of them all LOL). Other than that I avoid the Teacups. I can do roller coasters fine, but man Mission Space almost killed me.

Alice a

Hi! I'm in a similar boat- inner ear problems. Soarin gave me some nausea problems, but I haven't tried the new one. Tower of Terror, obviously, but also the first drop in the dark at Pirates of the Carribean and the spinner rides like Dumbo can make me sick if I'm tired. Hope that helps!

njDizFan

I have a lot of trouble the Astro Orbitor, it seems a like a benign spinner ride but it goes kind of fast and always send me for a loop. I have been wearing the wrist bands for nausea and they work pretty good actually.

Mission Space ruined my whole day a few years ago so definatley avoid that. I won't even attempt the tea cups, or any similator rides any more.

LeighM

I'm prone to migraines and surprisingly the beginning of Buzz Lightyear can trigger one. I always have to keep my eyes closed during the first several seconds. Then I'll be fine. My husband and I are also prone to motion sickness so we try to avoid rides that will trigger it. We did ride Seven Dwarves Mine Train and asked to sit in the front row since I had heard the motion is less noticeable in the front row. Like a previous poster said, it is more intense than I was thinking it would be but it wasn't very bad. Until we got off the ride and my husband started feeling queasy LOL. The nausea got to me a little bit later but it wasn't too bad.

Also it's not related to specific rides but I would suggest staying hydrated and try not to get overheated. If I get too hot then I'm almost guaranteed a headache and/or nausea. I try to go to rides with an inside queue, browse the stores, etc. I also have to take breaks and go back to the resort between 12-3 when the sun is the brightest. This year, I had a baseball hat that blocked the sun from my face and that helped somewhat. Stupid migraines always interfering with fun :grumpy:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you are prone to motion sickness, check with your DR and see if he will prescribe a patch that goes behind your ear. Most commonlybused for cruises but my wife hasbused before because she is prone to migraines and nausea and the patch helps when she cant keep pills down.

AndyS2992

I suffer severe motion sickness unfortuneatly and rides that affect me are:
[Rides with * affected me so badly I'd have to sit down for a while]
Magic Kingdom:
-Mad Tea Party
Epcot
-Mission Space Orange*
-Soarin
Disney's Hollywood Studios
-Rock n Rollercoaster*
-Tower of Terror*
-Star Tours
Animal Kingdom
-Expedition Everest*
-Primeval Whirl
-Dinosaur
Universal Studios
-Rip Ride Rockit*
-Harry Potter Escape from Gringotts*
-Men in Black*
-The Simpsons Ride*
-Transformers
-Despicable Me*
Islands of Adventure

-The Incredible Hulk*
-Stormforce Acceleration*
-Spider Man
-Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey*
-The Cat in the Hat

Anything that spins, has screens or has sudden speed increases/decreases (especially around corners) will definitely trigger motion sickness, dizziness and headaches so best avoid these. You can still ride them of course (like I do) but be prepared to spend about an hour afterwards sat down with cup of water with your head in your hands lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom