ADVICE NEEDED for living in Orlando. Please help :-)

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
Hello everyone. Now that I hopefully have your attention because of the title of the thread :))), I am in need to everyone's advice, especially the advice of people that live in Orlando or Florida. To tell you a little bit about myself, my name is Nikki and I am 20 years old. Ever since my first trip to Disney when I was 10, I have wanted to move to Orlando. I have been a lurker here from several months, only having posted a few times. I love this website and I am very happy to know that there are people out there that share the same passion that I do. Being in Southern Ohio, I don't know anyone else like me.

I am seeking advice about living in the Orlando area and possible apartment complexes that people could reccomend to me. Now before some of you remind me that living in Orlando is not a vacation- trust me, I am highly aware. I know that I still have to deal with every day things like bills, bad drivers, etc. lol I am saving a lot of money for when my boyfriend and I move there in June 2009.

From what I gather, unless I want to pay $1,000/month in a nice area for a nice apartment, it seems my choices aren't abundant. I am hoping for any advice on apartments and also areas close to Disney Word. Optimistically, I am looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment with my boyfriend and hopefully find a roommate. I am hoping to not pay any more than $800/month for the entire apartment split between the three of us. I would love it to be as close to Disney as possible because not only do I want to serve in a WDW restaurant I am also worried about traffic. Am I being too optimistic? Also, if you can't reccomend anywhere very close to Disney, perhaps you could reccomend places in the Central Florida area. Hopefully somewhere with nice restaurants where I could serve and still be close enough to Disney.

I am currently making $600/week at my currently serving job. I am looking to make about the same at a restaurant down there.

Any advice on restaurants to work at, apartment complexes, areas to live in, traffic areas to avoid, basically any advice at all would be VERY appreciated. Thank you so much!

The Orlando Sentinel has a good article on the "Crime" areas of Orlando. I'd check that out. It will give you a good indication of which areas to avoid.

Mr.EPCOT

I would try to avoid Orlando proper, and look in areas generally on the opposite side of Walt Disney World, places like Winter Garden and Clermont. It is a little less congested, and typically cheaper out there. There is some decent expansion going on out there, so you will still have everything you need as far as stores and such.

It can be tough getting a server position at Disney owned and operated restaurants, which you would do through Walt Disney World Casting. Don't let that stop you from trying, and also keep in mind that there are several third-party venues that you can apply seperately at such as the Walt Disney Swan and Dolphin restaurants, Rainforest Cafe and Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom, and almost everything at Downtown Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom