Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

CSUFSteve

The idea of a TS JC-themed restaurant is exciting all on its own. That said, I've always wished that Walt's old idea for Tiki Birds-as-a-restaurant would be re-considered. I can imagine a JC-themed restaurant that incorporates this. Non-intrusive and subtle, but there, as atmosphere. Maybe not just birds. Then again, maybe that gets a little too Rainforest Cafe-y... Of course, I could also picture it being themed very similarly to Disneyland Paris' original, exquisite Explorer's Club (now Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost :/)

Anyway, wish the restaurant were going to be open in October, but so excited. I see this doing incredibly well.

Tom

Beta Return
is it possible that after all work is done that Liberty Tree and Veranda could share the same guest restroom? Im not sure how the building connects back there, but I remember the LTT restrooms not being the greatest.

Unfortunately, no. These new restrooms are at the southwest part of the building. LTT is more northeast.

Is the water at bottom left of the top picture the Jungle Cruise?

Not technically. You're seeing part of the most, as it spurs off toward JC.

Unplugged

Something tells me they will keep the sale of alcohol to one location in MK, but who knows when the profit margin is so high...

It makes more sense to hove booze there than BoG. I expect a well themed Jungle Cruise boat captain to drunk (thinking Captain Ron or such). Plus being near pirate waters, that too seems like it should be a Rum bearing region.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad MK was dry as it creates a better climate for the kids than say, EPCOT during F&W or any weekend evening. Just thinking that if adding drinks, Adventureland makes more sense when approached from a Trader Sam's perspective.

wdw47

It makes more sense to hove booze there than BoG. I expect a well themed Jungle Cruise boat captain to drunk (thinking Captain Ron or such). Plus being near pirate waters, that too seems like it should be a Rum bearing region.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad MK was dry as it creates a better climate for the kids than say, EPCOT during F&W or any weekend evening. Just thinking that if adding drinks, Adventureland makes more sense when approached from a Trader Sam's perspective.

I agree that it would certainly be an almost perfect fit for rum punch type drinks and what is served at Trader Sam's and what was served at Adventurer's Club. I think the approach taken at BOG with alcohol works pretty well and perhaps adding booze here would be too much of an issue with MK's dry history. Would be pretty fantastic though.

ToTBellHop

Imagine everyone's shock and disgust when they roll out new restroom signage at the start of FY16. I saw one being painted backstage during this year's marathon for Rapunzel's restrooms: "Restrooms for the sole use of 'it's a small world' patrons."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom