Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

Mike S

Got my own pic as well.
image.jpg

dstrawn9889

I feel like this won't be open by the end of the year, as originally predicted...
open wall usually means subpar- not to code or too much damage to repair. actually faster to tear out and replace than it is to try to crib in a repair. might have been rot or termites... pull back inside to good wood, brace with temp wall, demo and rebuild.

Rob562

open wall usually means subpar- not to code or too much damage to repair. actually faster to tear out and replace than it is to try to crib in a repair. might have been rot or termites... pull back inside to good wood, brace with temp wall, demo and rebuild.

Looking at some of the other MK buildings that required significant exterior work because of wood rot (example: Peter Pan a few years ago) it wouldn't surprise me that there is a lot of work that needs to be done.

-Rob

JoeCamel

Termites in the MK? You would think the mice would eat them. ;)

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
It is scheduled to open by the end of the year and I haven't seen anything that would make me think that has changed.

This may be to much to ask, however the answer is always no if you never ask!!! I have an early Nov. trip I know liberty Tree is reopening Nov 21st is it possible this would open before that date? My thinking behind this would be that they would want it for the busy Thanksgiving and Christmas Seasons, with enough time to work out the kinks. If this is supposed to be the next immersive dinning experience in the MK i am sure they will need time to figure the logistics out. I know that BOG had soft opening 18 days before the official opening of the restaurant. If my time table is correct it would be right during my trip and that would be awesome, if not o well incentive to return.

I know you may not be able to say much but any insight you may have would be appreciated!

Rob562

This may be to much to ask, however the answer is always no if you never ask!!! I have an early Nov. trip I know liberty Tree is reopening Nov 21st is it possible this would open before that date? My thinking behind this would be that they would want it for the busy Thanksgiving and Christmas Seasons, with enough time to work out the kinks. If this is supposed to be the next immersive dinning experience in the MK i am sure they will need time to figure the logistics out. I know that BOG had soft opening 18 days before the official opening of the restaurant. If my time table is correct it would be right during my trip and that would be awesome, if not o well incentive to return.

I know you may not be able to say much but any insight you may have would be appreciated!

Though I have no actual information, I'd say highly doubtful...

-Rob

Heard from a cast member friend MK management made some announcements about the new adventureland restaurant at a meeting yesterday.

- highly themed in adventureland style
- will offer an experience similar to 50's Prime Time Cafe
- the "story" will be something along the lines of Jungle Cruise skippers picking up shifts waiting tables between excursions
- quick service lunch, table service dinner
- no alcohol
- to open by "holiday 2015"

NiarrNDisney

Heard from a cast member friend MK management made some announcements about the new adventureland restaurant at a meeting yesterday.

- the "story" will be something along the lines of Jungle Cruise skippers picking up shifts waiting tables between excursions
- no alcohol

Well I am excited to see which if any of these bullet points will be implemented! Though the list sounds great and all could be easily put in place.

Communicore

- no alcohol
This is all well and good, but the big question is, will the 70's-ness still remain???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom