Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

DisneyGentleman

lest we forget the few times Disneyland security had to guide ole uncle Walt backstage because he was drunk as a skunk in view of park guests.... And yes, it did happen.
Uncle Walt was a bit of a party animal.

walt-appendectomy-b.jpg

Tip Top Club

Not sure if it's been stated but there is a wall up next to the Peter pan meet and greet, it's pretty out of the way, but likely related to this development.

jakeman

Slightly OT, here in the UK if you order a Cider it is always alcoholic by its very nature of the brewing process. Americans should rename it to "Sparking Apple Juice Drink"
Nah, we're fine with sparkling cider considering that we have a whole subset of cider from apples that isn't alcoholic. Thanks though.

So instead of us renaming things so you can understand them perhaps you guys across the pond should just get out more?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Slightly OT, here in the UK if you order a Cider it is always alcoholic by its very nature of the brewing process. Americans should rename it to "Sparking Apple Juice Drink"

Well I'm sorry but this isn't the United Kingdom, we opted out of that affiliation 239 years ago. Cider is differentiated on this side of the Atlantic Ocean into Cider and Hard Cider...even Canada follows that convention. Adding carbonation yields sparkling cider.

The UK substance you refer to is a legal construction enumerated in HM Revenue and Customs Notice 162, ‘Cider and wine production’.
Several trade associations also have guidelines very similar to Guild standard practices which members must follow:
The National Association of Cider Makers and the Association of the Cider and Fruit Wine Industries of the European Union

Some things are best left on the dust heap of history or * Shudder * modernized to meet current technology.

Jon81uk

Nah, we're fine with sparkling cider considering that we have a whole subset of cider from apples that isn't alcoholic. Thanks though.

So instead of us renaming things so you can understand them perhaps you guys across the pond should just get out more?

We have a huge subset of ciders that are alcoholic, I like to get out more as there is more cider in the pub ;-)

To me there is apple juice (non-alcoholic) and there is a few different types (cloudy / clear / sparkling) or cider (alcoholic) which can be made from many different apples, be different alcohol strengths, and could have added fruit flavours.

So in the USA what is the differnece between Apple juice and cider?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We have a huge subset of ciders that are alcoholic, I like to get out more as there is more cider in the pub ;-)

To me there is apple juice (non-alcoholic) and there is a few different types (cloudy / clear / sparkling) or cider (alcoholic) which can be made from many different apples, be different alcohol strengths, and could have added fruit flavours.

Pasteurization,filtration, and fermentation. Cider is freshly expressed, juice is processed for shelf stability.

CaptainAmerica

Cider is less processed. Apples are juiced and minimally filtered and that's about it. Apple juice is usually concentrated and then re-hydrated before bottling. If you can buy it with the "dry goods" at the grocery store (i.e. not refrigerated), it's apple juice. Apple cider must be kept refrigerated. Cider is often considered a seasonal drink in the Autumn, served hot with cinnamon and nutmeg.

"Sparkling cider" is carbonated cider served in a wine bottle. It's usually served at holiday celebrations for the children to have something to play along with the grownups who have wine or champagne.

"Hard cider" is alcohol. If you go to a bar, you can just say "cider" and they'll know what you want.

Jon81uk

Cider is less processed. Apples are juiced and minimally filtered and that's about it. Apple juice is usually concentrated and then re-hydrated before bottling. If you can buy it with the "dry goods" at the grocery store (i.e. not refrigerated), it's apple juice. Apple cider must be kept refrigerated. Cider is often considered a seasonal drink in the Autumn, served hot with cinnamon and nutmeg.

"Sparkling cider" is carbonated cider served in a wine bottle. It's usually served at holiday celebrations for the children to have something to play along with the grownups who have wine or champagne.

"Hard cider" is alcohol. If you go to a bar, you can just say "cider" and they'll know what you want.

Thanks

Over here we can get apple juice that is concentrated and re-hydrated, filtered and heat treated and therefore sold with the dry goods. I can also get apple juice that is just pasteurised (no filter & not from concentrate) and that is sold in the chiller. If it has no pasteurisation at all it is usually sold from a farm shop.

I know what you mean by the celebration drink for kids, we usually had Shloer brand sparking grape juice for the kids at Christmas :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom