Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

mikeh

From yesterday
CQgeR7LVEAA4l12.jpg:orig

note2001

If I understand correctly, this addition does not effect the actual kitchen? If so, as soon as the roof is on they can work on the interior for the dining area and get it up and running. They have 7 work weeks until the first full week in of December ... seems feasible.

JoeCamel

Slightly shorter time to do this than Universal took to gut NASCAR and open NBC G&BP. Don't know if there is any comparison to be made but it seems they picked up the pace on the construction projects in the last year or so.

build_it

They've already started work on the interior. The addition contains privies.

That would make sense. The real structure of the roof is done - i.e. the concrete pour. Everything we are seeing now is really decoration. Could easily be finishing all the interior things whether or not we are seeing the progress on the outside. That also seems consistent with several of the buildings they have completed at Disney Springs lately, the outside was the last thing to be completed.

Jon81uk

Potentially (although it is poor guest show at a table service place) they could open without toilets and then finish off the final plumbing if needed. Its not like there isn't other toilets in the MK. As long as the kitchen and guest areas are ready, small details like toilets are secondary.

Wildflower

Potentially (although it is poor guest show at a table service place) they could open without toilets and then finish off the final plumbing if needed. Its not like there isn't other toilets in the MK. As long as the kitchen and guest areas are ready, small details like toilets are secondary.
True! I'd imagine depends on how the law interprets the last part of this clause of FL statutes regarding food service establishments (and why they're adding them aside from the guest experience angle?): "(b) Within a theme park or entertainment complex as defined in s. 509.013(9), the bathrooms are not required to be in the same building as the public food service establishment, so long as they are reasonably accessible." Closest would be next to Sunglass Hut, right? @PhotoDave219 might be better equipped to answer there...

roj2323

Yeah, there is no way this would be open by December if they had waited until the addition was closed in before they started the rest of the interior work.
It depends on how complicated the build out is. If it's not terribly complicated It can be open by mid December. I've done remodeling all my life and I've seen projects started and completed in less time than what they have. Actually I've seen entire houses go up in less than 2 weeks. All it takes is man power, supplies that show up on time and lots of money.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
It depends on how complicated the build out is. If it's not terribly complicated It can be open by mid December. I've done remodeling all my life and I've seen projects started and completed in less time than what they have. Actually I've seen entire houses go up in less than 2 weeks. All it takes is man power, supplies that show up on time and lots of money.

There's quite a bit of detail going into the interior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom