Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

Bocabear

It is space that can be used better, without having to change what is there. They can rebuild the temple in the middle of jc into atleast a restaurant. There is space between the crystal palace and treehouse that you can move the spinner to and theme it to something tropical, so either stitch or finding nemo. In addition, they can go over or under the berm and put in some indy ride.
OK that is just nuts... I am all for upgrading and enhancing the Jungle Cruise, but tear it and Swiss Family Robinson down? No Way!
If they wanted a plot for Indy they could do what they did in Disneyland an do a long jungle trail along the side of the Jungle Cruise to take people back to the show building behind...

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Sept 24. The cast member "walkway" around the building exterior is taking shape. Appears the building will be "screened" by panels on this metal frame hiding the walkway.

IMG_6598.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG

build_it

I'd venture a guess that the metal structure is the supporting structure for a post and railing that looks more like a traditional porch/veranda with a faux treatment on the concrete block wall behind to look like windows and siding. On top of this frame, I bet they add a truss to create a pitched roof, adding to the depth and porch like nature, and which will make the addition look less box like.

IMO I wouldn't go to all this trouble if I was just going to hide the view of the walkway later.

wogwog

Not going through 49 pages to see if this has been mentioned but a cook who just transferred to the Canteen living in my neighborhood tells me he starts at MK for training this week. The menu as previously reported here African, South American, and Asian is what he understands is happening. Many of the dishes being spicy. Spicy by Disney standards of course. He says he understands soft opening may happen very late November or early December depending mostly on construction.

build_it

Just for fun, here's where I think this is going, IMO. I would also imagine there will be some additional touches, such as other signage, and more items jungle or adventure related. Hard to show with my limited drawing tools at this moment.

Please ignore the crudity of this model, as I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it.

skipper canteen.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just for fun, here's where I think this is going, IMO. I would also imagine there will be some additional touches, such as other signage, and more items jungle or adventure related. Hard to show with my limited drawing tools at this moment.

Please ignore the crudity of this model, as I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it.

View attachment 112814

Very nice, and extra points for the BttF reference. :) This is probably what they are going for, although I doubt they will put any signage on this side.

RSoxNo1

View attachment 112814
Nice to see they hired the contractors that designed all the Mooby's buildings.

glvsav37

Silly question as someone who has not been following this thread.....

I thought this was going in the spot where the Fairy meet n greet was, near where they use to sell the Dole Whips? These pictures look like they are shot from inside the Jungle Cruise river or the river that Runs by Crystal Palace? I thought the location was supposed to be an interior area of the park, I don't recall any other body of water around that area.

can someone post an overhead or map that shows the location?

lazyboy97o

I thought this was going in the spot where the Fairy meet n greet was, near where they use to sell the Dole Whips? These pictures look like they are shot from inside the Jungle Cruise river or the river that Runs by Crystal Palace? I thought the location was supposed to be an interior area of the park, I don't recall any other body of water around that area.

The location is next to where the Dole Whips used to be for sale. Most of the recent photos are from the small walkway that connects the Adventureland and Liberty Square entrance walks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Capture.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks (and LazyBoy)

I figured so, just coundn't place where that water was coming from. So most of these shots is of the back of the restaurant? I hope they add foliage, or do we think its intended to show the location from that bridge?

I think they are going to do something like @build_it showed a couple posts back. It will be themed to match the rest of the building and not hidden with foliage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom