Advance FP+ Selections and Military MWR-Purchased Tickets

Beacon Joe

Original Poster
My parents are are going to Disney World pretty soon, and purchased their park tickets through their local exchange / MWR. The odd thing is that they say that they were given a receipt and were instructed to exchange the receipt at the gate for their tickets, and are reportedly unable to make their FP+ reservations until that time. Which, if true, pretty much screws them out of riding anything since FP+ has so royally @#$@#$ed up ride wait times.

Does this ring true for anybody? I've had friends purchase their park tickets through MWR and they were able to make their FP+ reservations 30 days out. And I'm sure my parents have done the same before.

Rob562

My parents are are going to Disney World pretty soon, and purchased their park tickets through their local exchange / MWR. The odd thing is that they say that they were given a receipt and were instructed to exchange the receipt at the gate for their tickets, and are reportedly unable to make their FP+ reservations until that time. Which, if true, pretty much screws them out of riding anything since FP+ has so royally @#$@#$ed up ride wait times.

Does this ring true for anybody? I've had friends purchase their park tickets through MWR and they were able to make their FP+ reservations 30 days out. And I'm sure my parents have done the same before.

Look to see if there's an order number or voucher number on their receipt, then use that to link the tickets to their MDE profiles. They'll still have to go to Guest Services to activate the tickets, but they should be given access to FP+ and the 30 or 60 day window (depending on whether they're off-site or on-site).

-Rob

Beacon Joe

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip. I will pass it along.

I also encouraged them to call guest services. They are well within the 30 day window, so I'm afraid their trip will be all screwed up, with the horrid line situation in the parks. The last time they bought through MWR, they were able to use MDE and get fast passes, but the system screwed up and only allowed them to book 2 rides, so they talked to guest services, who set up their 3rd and gave them extras for their trouble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom