Adults dressing up for MNSSHP

rufio

Do you do it and how much effort do you put into it? DH and I have never gone and we were thinking about getting costumes, but being child free we just aren't sure. Cheap costumes are like, $60 each and for a little more we can get nice, cosplay-quality costumes that we might have another opportunity to wear. I'm just not sure it's worth the time and money to dress up! Does anyone have pictures they'd be willing to share?

HouCuseChickie

Dh and I dressed up last year, but we didn't go too crazy with things. I was Jessie and he was Buzz Lightyear. I found him a t-shirt that was essentially Buzz's torso and my outfit was Jessie inspired. I wore a red Jessie hat, had my hair in a braid with a yellow bow, and I combined a white Western style shirt with red edging with a yellow tank. I think it all cost us less than $50.

Upvote 0

cfry06

I vote dress up! Such a fun night, and all sorts of costumes. We didn't put too much $$ into our last costumes - Mouseketeers! White shirts for each of us and put our names on the front with iron on letters from a craft store. A set of Mickey/Minnie ears from the parks and we were good to go! This year (we haven't been to MNSSHP in a couple of years) we are donning incredibles tshirts & masks with black shorts. Easy to travel with, comfortable, but will be in the "holiday" spirit! You can find a ton of great ideas searching online - DIY Disney costumes.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

the majority of people seemed to dress up, some put in a ton of effort and had elaborate costumes, others more basic!
Last year I was Jesse and my hubby was woody, we purchased the accessory packages at a party store and threw it together.
this year I hand made our costumes, we are kevin and Russell from up!

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

By all means dress up! Go to Halloween shops, party stores and dollar stores. You can get a lot of inspiration at them. It's the one time of the year were everyone can dress up, have fun and nobody judges you or knows you. The first year we went we didn't dress up, now it's a must. Go and have a great time.

Upvote 0

tlev

Definitely dress up. You don't have to spend a fortune on costumes. Be creative. Check out pinterest for some ideas then visit a thrift store.

Upvote 0

dkp

We're dressing up, reusing costumes we used for Pirate Night on our spring break Disney Cruise. If we didn't have those ready to go, we'd probably Disneybound or pick a t-shirt based costume. (One of the best we saw of the latter? A group going as Pac-Man characters.)

Upvote 0

rufio

Original Poster
I haven't dressed up since I was probably 10 years old. My husband is always gone for halloween and this gives us a chance to celebrate even if it isn't on the actual holiday. Unfortunately, DH thinks it's a waste of money :( I found a cute Sally costume on Amazon that wasn't expensive so maybe I'll get that!

Upvote 0

Agent P

image.jpg

We will be going to mnsshp next month and this is how my son and I will be dressed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom