Adult pool float allowed in quiet pools ?

Dave B

I have never seen a lifeguard or Disney presence at the quiet pools, so I would tell you that it will be fine, the most important part of those pools are the quiet piece

daisyduckie

I have never seen a lifeguard or Disney presence at the quiet pools, so I would tell you that it will be fine, the most important part of those pools are the quiet piece

The quiet refers to the lack of any water features. It does not mean they are to be noise free. And I've read Disney is referring to them as Leisure Pools now, so there is no intent for them to be quiet.

correcaminos

The quiet refers to the lack of any water features. It does not mean they are to be noise free. And I've read Disney is referring to them as Leisure Pools now, so there is no intent for them to be quiet.
This description says otherwise
"Nestled amid a lush garden, this all-ages leisure pool promises a more tranquil swim for those looking to relax and unwind"

Spectro

Original Poster
My interpretation was just less activities ( unless you count the young adults diving in at 2.30am ;))
Anyway I just wanted to make sure I didn't break any rules regardless of who is there to enforce or not.

Dave B

We have been the last 7 years and never had any issues using a float device, the lifeguards in the main pool are the ones who told us that we could use it in the quiet pools, ( as we tried in the main pool first)

correcaminos

I never knew the quiet pools were supposed to be "quiet".. I'm with @daisyduckie and thought it was because of lack of slides, as well as the location.
I've always felt the opposite - and Disney promotes them the same way I've felt. Meant for quiet more relaxing swimming. No games, loud, anything like that. All the quiet pools I have been to were just that - quiet.

Spectro

Original Poster
I wouldn't class an adult on chair style float as loud or disruptive of peace but i wanted to ensure what the rules were. I always respect report and hotel rules. But I have actually been at quiet or leisure pools where true opposite has occurred i.e. Non resort Pool volleyball, and Olympic type lap swimming but only at mods and values. Maybe deluxe or DVD is different ....

21stamps

I've always felt the opposite - and Disney promotes them the same way I've felt. Meant for quiet more relaxing swimming. No games, loud, anything like that. All the quiet pools I have been to were just that - quiet.

I've spent a lot of time over the years drinking and lounging at the 'quiet pools'. I've always viewed them as less kids, bc of lack of slides, and Sam's pool games, so they're obviously not as loud on that front, but never felt we were supposed to actually be "quiet".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom