ADR strategy

Ariel484

Original Poster
Hi everyone-

I am starting to think about an ADR strategy for our trip in mid-June 2011 (that is, which ADRs are the most popular, and therefore should be booked first at the 180-day mark)…here is my current plan of attack:

Crystal Palace – Breakfast
California Grill – Dinner (during Wishes)
Kona Café – Dinner
Via Napoli – Lunch
Kona Café – Breakfast
Yak & Yeti – Dinner
Chefs de France – Dinner
Jiko – Dinner
Sanaa – Dinner
The Wave – Breakfast
Raglan Road – Dinner

Any thoughts?? Does this seem like a good way to go? Quite a few of these places are new to us, so I have never tried to get ADRs for most of them before. I know CP breakfast is really popular, but beyond that I am not sure. We've only been to Chefs, Jiko and Raglan Road, so I have an idea of how easy/difficult it is to get ADRs for those places, but not the rest. Thanks! :wave:

stefan74

Hi everyone-

I am starting to think about an ADR strategy for our trip in mid-June 2011 (that is, which ADRs are the most popular, and therefore should be booked first at the 180-day mark)…here is my current plan of attack:

Crystal Palace – Breakfast
California Grill – Dinner (during Wishes)
Kona Café – Dinner
Via Napoli – Lunch
Kona Café – Breakfast
Yak & Yeti – Dinner
Chefs de France – Dinner
Jiko – Dinner
Sanaa – Dinner
The Wave – Breakfast
Raglan Road – Dinner

Any thoughts?? Does this seem like a good way to go? Quite a few of these places are new to us, so I have never tried to get ADRs for most of them before. I know CP breakfast is really popular, but beyond that I am not sure. We've only been to Chefs, Jiko and Raglan Road, so I have an idea of how easy/difficult it is to get ADRs for those places, but not the rest. Thanks! :wave:

I have dinner at both Kona Cafe' and Yak & Yeti. When my mom and I go back in March she requested Kona Cafe' again for dinner, so needless to say, we think it is delicious.

My mom and I liked Yak & Yeti as well, however, my 14 year old nephew and my sister did not like it.

If your dates fall over a free dining plan, it will be difficult to make ADR's, just my opinion.

Mukta

I would bump Cali Grill to number one especially since you have a time in mind. I would also pick a second day that Wishes is shown in case you can't get your first date choice.
If you are staying at a Disney Resort you have the 180+10, so I would book Cali Grill for later in the trip. If you try for day one, someone might be within their +10. If you aim for the end of the trip you are only competing with people who will arrive when you do.
Are you doing online ADRs or on the phone?

Ariel484

Original Poster
I have dinner at both Kona Cafe' and Yak & Yeti. When my mom and I go back in March she requested Kona Cafe' again for dinner, so needless to say, we think it is delicious.

My mom and I liked Yak & Yeti as well, however, my 14 year old nephew and my sister did not like it.

If your dates fall over a free dining plan, it will be difficult to make ADR's, just my opinion.

Great, thanks for the reviews! We're excited to try some new places.

I would bump Cali Grill to number one especially since you have a time in mind. I would also pick a second day that Wishes is shown in case you can't get your first date choice.
If you are staying at a Disney Resort you have the 180+10, so I would book Cali Grill for later in the trip. If you try for day one, someone might be within their +10. If you aim for the end of the trip you are only competing with people who will arrive when you do.
Are you doing online ADRs or on the phone?

Hmm, you are probably right about bumping up California Grill - try to book that first and then Crystal Palace second? I was actually planning on trying to get California Grill for the last night of our trip...I have booked Le Cellier for our last 3 trips using that strategy. I am going to book online, it has worked okay for me in the past so hopefully it will this time as well! Thanks for your input!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom