ADR Decisions - Would love to hear opinions

71dsp

Original Poster
Our 180-day mark is quickly approaching, and we've been going over our choices. I'd love to get some of y'all's opinions to help us make some decisions. :)

1. We can pick two of the following: Yachtsman Steakhouse, Sanaa, Jiko
- We've been to Yachtsman and Sanaa. Loved both, but really debating on trying Jiko after reading all the rave reviews.

2. At Epcot, we are going to Spice Road Table, Via Napoli, and Le Cellier. We've been to Via Napoli and Le Cellier multiple times, and been to Nine Dragons, Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, and Coral Reef before as well, so we're wondering if we should try something else (e.g. Tutto Italia and Biergarten come to mind) - any opinions?

The places that we're thinking of trying for the first time on this trip are:
The Boathouse
Citricos
Jungle Nav Co Skipper Canteen
Tiffins
Liberty Tree Tavern
Starring Roles Cafe (for a quick breakfast)

Any opinions on those? Of course Tiffin's isn't open yet, so we are eagerly awaiting reviews when they open later this month!

One last question. Of all the times we've been to Epcot, we've never tried to get breakfast at Les Halles in the morning. I double checked and they open at 9. Can you just walk back there even though the World Showcase doesn't open until 11, or is there something specific that you have to do?

NiarrNDisney

The World has so many choices it can be a bit overwhelming!

Here is what I would choose:

1. I would say go with Jiko since you haven't been there and you are interested in trying it! As for your other choice I would choose Yachtsman Steakhouse since Jiko and Sanaa both offer African/Indian fare so it would break up your dining options a bit.

2. Spice Island is a great choice as well as your other picks but why not throw Biergarten into the mix? The food is great and since its a buffet everyone in the party should be able to find something they will enjoy!

3. The only place I can say I would probably skip from your list of new places to try would be Citricos only because I find it to be blah and kind of over priced for what they offer. Instead I would consider going to either Il Mulino, Narcoossee's, or Trattoria al Forno.

I hope you get to try Tiffin's it has been on my must try list since it was announced as well as Skipper Canteen!

4. As for your last question - I believe you are able to walk back to France to dine at Boulangerie Patisserie however I may be wrong since I have only done so after entering through the Interntional Gateway. Though I can't imagine it would be much of an issue since there is no barrier blocking you from Future World to that side of World Showcase. I do know that if you are dining at Akershus for breakfast you must have an ADR to gain access to Norway but I think that is the only place where it is necessary.

Hope this helps! :)

lostpro9het

Our 180-day mark is quickly approaching, and we've been going over our choices. I'd love to get some of y'all's opinions to help us make some decisions. :)

1. We can pick two of the following: Yachtsman Steakhouse, Sanaa, Jiko
- We've been to Yachtsman and Sanaa. Loved both, but really debating on trying Jiko after reading all the rave reviews.
While I LOVE Sanaa I'd say Jiko and Yachtsman here.

2. At Epcot, we are going to Spice Road Table, Via Napoli, and Le Cellier. We've been to Via Napoli and Le Cellier multiple times, and been to Nine Dragons, Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, and Coral Reef before as well, so we're wondering if we should try something else (e.g. Tutto Italia and Biergarten come to mind) - any opinions?
SRT has really good food but a bit overpriced even for Disney.We are nolonger fans of LeCell or VN. Nine Dragons has really impressed us recently and we would do that again as well as R&C. If you've never tried Restaurant Marrakesh I'd suggest it, the food is pretty good for teh price plus include live entertainment.

The places that we're thinking of trying for the first time on this trip are:
The Boathouse
Citricos
Jungle Nav Co Skipper Canteen
Tiffins
Liberty Tree Tavern
Starring Roles Cafe (for a quick breakfast)
Citricos has some really good food but be prepared to see folks in swim suits and tank tops.
LTT has some good food and I hear the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is for real!
Starring rolls has a fine selection for quick breakfast items and decent coffee.

DisneyFans4Life

We really enjoyed Tutto Italia and Biergarten the last time we ate there, but be prepared to sit with other people at your table at Biergarten. Will you be using the dining plan?

71dsp

Original Poster
While I LOVE Sanaa I'd say Jiko and Yachtsman here.

Good to hear. We love steakhouses and Yachtsman is one of our favorites.

SRT has really good food but a bit overpriced even for Disney.We are nolonger fans of LeCell or VN. Nine Dragons has really impressed us recently and we would do that again as well as R&C. If you've never tried Restaurant Marrakesh I'd suggest it, the food is pretty good for teh price plus include live entertainment.

We've been to Nine Dragons a few times. While it was good, we enjoyed Via Napoli more. We have not tried Restaurant Marrakesh. That's another one that I'll look into. Thanks!

We were thinking that a late dinner at SRT might be nice, if we can catch Illuminations from there.

Citricos has some really good food but be prepared to see folks in swim suits and tank tops.
LTT has some good food and I hear the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is for real!
Starring rolls has a fine selection for quick breakfast items and decent coffee.

Good to know about Citricos! Also, thanks for the tip on LTT. We will look for that dessert for sure!!!

71dsp

Original Poster
We really enjoyed Tutto Italia and Biergarten the last time we ate there, but be prepared to sit with other people at your table at Biergarten. Will you be using the dining plan?

No dining plan. Was pay out of pocket since the kiddo is 11. He hasn't quite started eating adult portions, but he's getting there!!

So many choices!

bee

One last question. Of all the times we've been to Epcot, we've never tried to get breakfast at Les Halles in the morning. I double checked and they open at 9. Can you just walk back there even though the World Showcase doesn't open until 11, or is there something specific that you have to do?
Yes, you can just walk back there as long as you do so through the Canada side and not Mexico. There may be CMs along the way asking you if you're going to the bakery in France but they're not there to stop you from going; rather they're making sure you know that's all that's open so you aren't disappointed later. Enjoy the nearly-empty Canada, UK, and France!

cornandacobb

2. At Epcot, we are going to Spice Road Table, Via Napoli, and Le Cellier. We've been to Via Napoli and Le Cellier multiple times, and been to Nine Dragons, Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, and Coral Reef before as well, so we're wondering if we should try something else (e.g. Tutto Italia and Biergarten come to mind) - any opinions??

Have had wonderful meals (Biergerten) and a wonderful meal (Tutto) in the past. Biergarten is entertainment along with dinner. A lot of people pooh-pooh the food at Biergarten but I tend to think it is underrated. Not fine dining. But a solid selection. The tables are communal depending on your party size. I think they hold 8 or 10 people. We've had tables alone and once with a couple...a couple of drips that is. They were sipping their Coke's in a beer hall and seemed less than enamored with the experience.

71dsp

Original Poster
Yes, you can just walk back there as long as you do so through the Canada side and not Mexico. There may be CMs along the way asking you if you're going to the bakery in France but they're not there to stop you from going; rather they're making sure you know that's all that's open so you aren't disappointed later. Enjoy the nearly-empty Canada, UK, and France!

Awesome. We'll keep that in mind for sure! Thank you!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'd recommend Jiko - I've had some fantastic meals there. And since you've already eaten at Yachtsman, why not try the Turf Club at the Saratoga? It's another place where we've had great food and great service. On our last trip we ate at the Boathouse - had a great meal and very good service. I was surprised at how much my 10 year old loved it.

71dsp

Original Poster
I'd recommend Jiko - I've had some fantastic meals there. And since you've already eaten at Yachtsman, why not try the Turf Club at the Saratoga? It's another place where we've had great food and great service. On our last trip we ate at the Boathouse - had a great meal and very good service. I was surprised at how much my 10 year old loved it.

We have a great story about Turf Club. Back in 2011, we stayed in the Tree House Villas with another family. There were 8 of us total. We were at Epcot one day and got caught in a nasty downpour. We were soaked to the bone. We ended up cancelling our dinner ADR and headed back to the hotel. At the time, the bus dropped you off at the main bus stop and you had to take a shuttle to the Tree House Villas. We stopped at Turf Club and asked if they had room for dinner (it was already somewhat late). They said they did, so my wife mentioned that we'd be back after we changed. The CM said "nonsense!" and the next thing we knew we were surrounded by other CMs with these huge towels. They gave us extra towels and sat us even though we were all soaked! The server was fantastic, as was the food. It's one of our more memorable dining experiences at WDW. I've always wanted to go back, but we never have.

Thanks for the feedback on Jiko and Boathouse!!

NiarrNDisney

We have a great story about Turf Club. Back in 2011, we stayed in the Tree House Villas with another family. There were 8 of us total. We were at Epcot one day and got caught in a nasty downpour. We were soaked to the bone. We ended up cancelling our dinner ADR and headed back to the hotel. At the time, the bus dropped you off at the main bus stop and you had to take a shuttle to the Tree House Villas. We stopped at Turf Club and asked if they had room for dinner (it was already somewhat late). They said they did, so my wife mentioned that we'd be back after we changed. The CM said "nonsense!" and the next thing we knew we were surrounded by other CMs with these huge towels. They gave us extra towels and sat us even though we were all soaked! The server was fantastic, as was the food. It's one of our more memorable dining experiences at WDW. I've always wanted to go back, but we never have.

That's awesome! I have always loved the Turf Club! Once my friend and I got stuck waiting in a long line for the bus back to the resort, it was our plan to head back to the room change and refresh before out reservation. Well after waiting for what seemed like forever we got to the room right as our ADR was scheduled for I called the restaurant and told them what happened and they took my name told us not to worry and to come when we were ready (it was also late). We cabbed it over and once we got there I told them my name and they sat us and treated us like royalty! (They even hooked us up with desert) Ever since then it has been one of my favorite TS restaurants on property!

71dsp

Original Poster
That's awesome! I have always loved the Turf Club! Once my friend and I got stuck waiting in a long line for the bus back to the resort, it was our plan to head back to the room change and refresh before out reservation. Well after waiting for what seemed like forever we got to the room right as our ADR was scheduled for I called the restaurant and told them what happened and they took my name told us not to worry and to come when we were ready (it was also late). We cabbed it over and once we got there I told them my name and they sat us and treated us like royalty! (They even hooked us up with desert) Ever since then it has been one of my favorite TS restaurants on property!

You're talking me into taking something off the list and heading back to Turf Club! :)

EvilQueen-T

Out of your list of new places to try I've eaten at 3. Citricos, Liberty tree tavern, and starring roles cafe. Citricos is one of our favorites. We've eaten there 5 or 6 times (last time in March) and have always had a great meal and service. Liberty tree tavern I haven't done since Oct 2014 for lunch. We like lunch there. Dinner there for us is just ok. Starring Roles we've done both breakfast and lunch. The sandwiches are the standout for us. The pastries are much like you get everywhere else on property imo. Lines can be long and kind of crowded but we'd go again.

71dsp

Original Poster
Out of your list of new places to try I've eaten at 3. Citricos, Liberty tree tavern, and starring roles cafe. Citricos is one of our favorites. We've eaten there 5 or 6 times (last time in March) and have always had a great meal and service. Liberty tree tavern I haven't done since Oct 2014 for lunch. We like lunch there. Dinner there for us is just ok. Starring Roles we've done both breakfast and lunch. The sandwiches are the standout for us. The pastries are much like you get everywhere else on property imo. Lines can be long and kind of crowded but we'd go again.

Thanks for the info. Always great to read positive reviews. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom