ADR after race?

LWB

Original Poster
Our family will be at WDW in January for our first marathon weekend. I would appreciate any advice on this!

My husband and I are both doing the 5k. My parents will be taking my kids to breakfast that morning. What time is reasonable to plan for us to meet up with them for breakfast? I have a character breakfast booked but didn't know if it was realistic for us to get to join them. I know the race itself won't take that long- I just didn't know about how long it took to get out of the race area etc after completing the race.

On the morning of the 10k, is there a possibility that my husband would be able to join us for breakfast after he completes the race? Same questions about how long it takes to get away once you're finished. I will be with my parents/kids and there's another character breakfast booked.

Thanks!

dreamfinder

Time post race heavily depends on you. What corral you are in, estimated finish time, etc. If you are in the first corral, and run a 25ish minute 5k, then you would finish about 6:40, figure 5-10 minutes to get your medallion, drinks, snacks, etc. Then in theory the bus should leave no more than 15-20 minutes later (most likely closer to 5-10), with a 20 minute (max) trip back to your hotel. So 7:30-7:45 in the worst case. Each corral back, add 8-10 minutes to the start time. So last runners in E should be headed out by about 6:45, then build in your estimated race time, then shoot for 10 mins for medallion, snacks, post race medal pic, then 20-30 mins for bus plus travel time. So closer to 9ish back at your hotel in that case. I'd say similar time frames for the 10k, but gun is at 5:30 instead of 6:15. This should in theory result in similar return times (maybe a little earlier) due to the earlier start.

Last year for the 10k my DW and I started in corral C, and I have a selfie at the start line stamped at 5:45. Don't recall what her assigned corral was for the 5k, but it should have been similar.

Remember to factor in shower time as well, plus any corresponding hotel transfers.

I have easily still hit rope drop after doing a 10k, showered, and grabbed a CS breakfast at the resort if that gives you any idea on times.

LWB

Original Poster
Time post race heavily depends on you. What corral you are in, estimated finish time, etc. If you are in the first corral, and run a 25ish minute 5k, then you would finish about 6:40, figure 5-10 minutes to get your medallion, drinks, snacks, etc. Then in theory the bus should leave no more than 15-20 minutes later (most likely closer to 5-10), with a 20 minute (max) trip back to your hotel. So 7:30-7:45 in the worst case. Each corral back, add 8-10 minutes to the start time. So last runners in E should be headed out by about 6:45, then build in your estimated race time, then shoot for 10 mins for medallion, snacks, post race medal pic, then 20-30 mins for bus plus travel time. So closer to 9ish back at your hotel in that case. I'd say similar time frames for the 10k, but gun is at 5:30 instead of 6:15. This should in theory result in similar return times (maybe a little earlier) due to the earlier start.

Last year for the 10k my DW and I started in corral C, and I have a selfie at the start line stamped at 5:45. Don't recall what her assigned corral was for the 5k, but it should have been similar.

Remember to factor in shower time as well, plus any corresponding hotel transfers.

I have easily still hit rope drop after doing a 10k, showered, and grabbed a CS breakfast at the resort if that gives you any idea on times.

Thanks! Super helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom