Adding watch to Magic Bands

DSMDGA

Original Poster
Our Magic Bands arrived! WOOHOO!

I can't go without a watch or I shake :D, and I didn't want to have to wear both the Magic Band and a watch band at the same time. I've been googling to try and find a way to add a watch without luck, so I came up with a simple cheap way on my own. I thought I would share, just in case anyone else is as addicted to having a watch on their wrist as me.

I removed the watch band from a watch I had, leaving the pins in place. I used the smaller sized no metal hair elastics sold everywhere. They're pretty sturdy, and at 2 " wide they're the perfect size for the Magic Band. A packet of 36 cost me less than $3.00. Slide the hair elastic from back to front through the watch band pins. I put a needle and thread under the pin, looped it around the elastic, and easily pulled the elastic back through the pin.

Slip the two ends of the elastic onto the Magic Band.

What I like is that with this method the watch can be slid to whatever position I want on the Magic Band. I'm planning on wearing the Mickey head at the bottom of my wrist, and the watch at the top. This will have the added bonus of holding the snapped end of the band together to keep it from falling off. I could also slide the watch up next to the Mickey head.

I plan to adapt my Mickey watch for the Magic Band and wear that in the parks, and then I'll easily be able to swap to this waterproof Timex for the water parks.

mistyj

Thank you for this wonderful idea! I just got back from WDW and was complemented several times on the cleverness (mostly by Cast Members.) I, too, don't like being without a watch and don't want to wear something on both wrists. It worked great!

DSMDGA

Original Poster
I'm pleased to know it worked well for you. I have my Mickey watch attached to my Magic Band packed in my carry on. We arrive on Saturday!

Nicole

This is brilliant. I just got home yesterday and although I haven't worn a watch for several years I kept looking at my MB to check the time. I'm sure Disney will come up with something soon, but I like this better! Thanks for posting, and for the pics!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom