1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Added On at VWL!

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club' started by fredtom, Dec 28, 2012.

1. fredtom

fredtom Active Member

DW and I are very happy to have recently closed on 50 added points at VWL. Our first home resort is SSR. DVC since 2003.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :)
    bgraham34, jenluvswdw, VYPUR and 3 others like this.
  2. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Active Member

Cool! We sold off our VWL contracts in 2012, and added more on at BWV.

It's always exciting to add on and think of how much fun you're going to have using the points.
    ParentsOf4 and fredtom like this.
  3. pixargal

pixargal Well-Known Member

Congratulations! It truly is one of the best themed resorts on property. My mom and sisters and I spent an afternoon just walking around the resort admiring the wonderful decorations during our stay in WDW last week. If we ever add on it will also be at VWL.
  4. Vera

Vera New Member

congrats and enjoy! :) I have yet to stay at VWL. Looking forward to checking it out.
  5. fredtom

fredtom Active Member

Yes, we've stayed at VWL twice previously and have visited many other times. We love the resort.
    VYPUR and ParentsOf4 like this.
  6. VYPUR

VYPUR New Member

That's where we bought in Dec I can't wait to go on our first DVC trip. We are soooo excited!!!
    fredtom likes this.
  7. epcotisbest

epcotisbest Well-Known Member

VWL is probably our favorite of all the places we have tried, including BWV, BCV, OKW, SSR, Vero Beach and HHI.
    disneysince71, Phonedave and VYPUR like this.
  8. bgraham34

bgraham34 Well-Known Member

Awesome, I certainly want to get more points there as well. My favorite resort hands down.
    disneysince71 and Phonedave like this.
  9. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

For me it is a toss up between VWL and BWV.

A perfect solution would be moving the VWL to the BWV location. I love the themeing, layout, and feel of VWL, but EPCOT is by far my favorite park, and the ability to walk to it just makes me want to stay at BEV (and the ability to walk 0or boat to DHS does not hurt either)

-dave
  10. Mammymouse

Mammymouse Well-Known Member

I didn't know the older DVC resorts still had points available. Is that because Members can sell their contract and the points are put back into inventory for that Resort?
  11. Mammymouse

Mammymouse Well-Known Member

We have had Boardwalk since 1995 and we love the location. And it is great for kids, too, not just adults. It just feels like it is right in the middle of everything. Saturday nights (maybe other nights too)they have performers on the Boadwalk, like magicians, etc. and they are very good. I wish the pool was a little more exciting - like Stormalong Bay - but it does have a very nice pool. The only drawback we have found is the bus ride from the Parks is usually pretty long.
  12. Daihinson

Daihinson New Member

We are not DVC members yet, but very close to making that decision. We have narrowed it down to OKW and BCV through resales. We have been travelling to WDW every year for last 6 years and think now is the time to go DVC. We just cant decide which resort is best as our home. In July, when we go this year, we plan to visit each and then make our decision. It is exciting!
    wdwfan100 likes this.
  13. GoofGoof

GoofGoof Well-Known Member

Disney has some inventory at all of the DVC resorts from either exercising right of first refusal when someone tries to sell their contract or from foreclosures when someone who financed through Disney defaults on their loan. The prices are cheaper than the going price for brand new points. You can also buy points at all resorts on the resale market. Generally, the resale price will be less than buying direct from Disney, but you can't use the points for cruises or staying in a Disney hotel.
  14. foreverbelle

foreverbelle Well-Known Member

Congrats. Fave resort!!! I am jealous, I would love to own there but will be happy to stay there when we can....May can not get here fast enough in that case.
  15. BCVTalsJam

BCVTalsJam Active Member

Congrats my DW and I own at BCV and added on to our contract as well this past year...it's a good feeling! We already have booked out next trip...this will be our daughters first trip since she is being born this July. Two weeks at BCV can't wait for January!

When do u guys usually go we do January and October