Add existing magic band to a reservation

catmandoo

Original Poster
So my partner and I got our magic bands during a trip last year. This year he is going with his mother and niece and nephew (and leaving me at home all alone!).

What I want to know is, how can he link his current magic band to the new reservation since his is linked to my Disney account and his mother made the reservation under her account. I know it seems silly, but I don't want to have to worry about keeping track of a second magic band for him.

Evidently he tried and the website told him since it was linked to my account he couldn't use it? Should he maybe call and speak with someone?

Thanks all!

cspencer96

So my partner and I got our magic bands during a trip last year. This year he is going with his mother and niece and nephew (and leaving me at home all alone!).

What I want to know is, how can he link his current magic band to the new reservation since his is linked to my Disney account and his mother made the reservation under her account. I know it seems silly, but I don't want to have to worry about keeping track of a second magic band for him.

Evidently he tried and the website told him since it was linked to my account he couldn't use it? Should he maybe call and speak with someone?

Thanks all!
You can click the "Invite to Plan and Share" link on your Family and Friends page by his name. When he creates an account or uses the account he already has to accept your request, the MagicBand currently linked to him under your account will follow him. All he has to do then is add his mother as a friend, and he is set. You can also go the route of adding his mother as a friend on MDE and then having her add him through you as a Mutual Friend, but that is more complex. Either way, he will still get another MagicBand with the new reservation. Because of this, I'd recommend having him create an account (or use his current account to "friend" you and his mother) so all of his MagicBands are in the right place. If all of his MagicBands show up on his account, they are all interchangeable. If you have any issues with this, or just need help doing it, MDE tech support is always pretty good at helping. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom